I honestly haven’t met a taco I didn’t like. Fish tacos. Chicken tacos. Carnitas tacos. Maybe it’s a southern California thing, but I’m all about a helping of tasty tacos. One of my new faves is shaved pork tacos with spicy mango slaw. It’s just so good!
What You’ll Need for the Shaved Pork Tacos with Spicy Mango Slaw:
- Siete® cassava flour tortillas, or your favorite tortillas!
- Leftover sliced pork tenderloin
- Avocado, chopped
- Spicy mango slaw
- Sriracha mayo (recipe below)
What You’ll Need for the Sriracha Mayo:
- Avocado mayo (I used Kraft brand)
- Dairy-free sour cream or yogurt, or nonfat Greek yogurt
How to Make Shaved Pork Tacos with Spicy Mango Slaw:
The base of any good taco is the tortilla. I like using the grain-free cassava flour tortillas by Siete®. The macros are so good. Plus they are a yummy gluten-free option which is great too! But of course, you can use whatever tortillas you love! Just know the macros will vary depending on what you use.
When I am getting my tacos ready, I like heating my tortillas in a skillet or right over your stove-top flame (carefully using tongs) to get a char. First, spray your tortillas with a mist of olive oil and sprinkle with salt before heating them up.
Then you’ll smash your avocado on the hot tortillas and top with sliced pork tenderloin. If you’re using leftover pork tenderloin, just throw it in the pan with your tortillas for a minute or less. You JUST want to take the cold out. No need for piping hot! That’s what brings the reheated meal flavor. I would literally use ANY leftover grilled pork tenderloin we have lying around for these tacos. Don’t get hung up on if the marinade doesn’t make sense or not. The pork will be a salty, tasty, tender protein— they all work! I’ve got lots of recipes for pork on my blog. Take your pick!
Once you’ve got your pork piled high, top it with a big pinch of the spicy mango slaw. The spicy mango slaw comes together fast. We love to use it on tacos or sandwiches for a few days if there’s any leftover! Just know… you’ll be lucky if there’s any leftover because it’s DELISH!
To create the perfect taco bite, you need to make up some Sriracha mayo. It just takes these shaved pork tacos to the next level. It’s also super simple and something you can keep on hand to enjoy at any moment. To make your sriracha mayo, combine mayo (I like Kraft avocado mayo), sour cream (or Greek yogurt), and Sriracha. That’s it! Finish off your shaved pork tacos with a drizzle of sriracha mayo. Then enjoy immediately!
Gluten-free/ Dairy-free Modifications
I mentioned this earlier, but I really like using the grain-free cassava flour tortillas by Siete®. They are the yummy kind of gluten-free. If you’re eating gluten-free you know what I mean. I also love that they are great on macros!
When mixing up the Sriracha mayo, I use Forager Project plant based sour as my dairy-free yogurt. Your macros will vary slightly with nonfat Greek yogurt, but the differences in 30 grams are so small! You’ll get a little bit more protein and fewer fats and carbs. Almost negligible. So go with what you like.
These shaved pork tacos are so yummy on their own. But, if you’re looking to round out your meal, try adding some fresh and easy Mexican corn salsa on the side. It’s one of our go-tos!
Shaved Pork Tacos with Spicy Mango Slaw
At our house, we LOVE these shaved pork tacos with spicy mango slaw. They are macro-friendly, delicious, and everything comes together so fast! If you are looking for other easy recipes you should check out my cookbooks. They are full of so many good eats. Make sure you’re also following me on Instagram and TikTok. I am always sharing my favorite ingredients and new recipes!
Shaved Pork Tacos with Spicy Mango Slaw
For the Tacos (makes 1 serving)
- 2 Siete® cassava flour tortillas, or your favorite tortillas
- 3 1/2 oz Leftover sliced pork tenderloin (100 g)*
- 1/4 Of an avocado, chopped (30 g)
- 1/2 cup Spicy mango slaw recipe (75 g)
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha mayo (30 g) recipe below
Sriracha Mayo (makes 5 servings)
- 1/4 cup Avocado mayo (I used Kraft brand for 4.5 fat per Tbsp.) (60 g)
- 1/4 cup Dairy-free sour cream or yogurt, or nonfat Greek yogurt (60 g)
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha (30 g)
- Spray tortillas with a mist of olive oil and sprinkle with salt before heating them in a skillet or right over your stove-top flame (carefully using tongs) to get a char.
- Smash avocado on the hot tortillas and top with sliced pork tenderloin. (If it’s leftover, just throw it in the pan with your tortillas for a minute or less JUST to take the cold out. No need for piping hot! That’s what brings the reheated meal flavor.
- Top your pork with a big pinch of the spicy mango slaw, and drizzle with sriracha mayo. Enjoy immediately!