Buffalo Chicken Tacos
OK, this recipe is seriously so easy and so delicious! We all know tacos are an easy go-to because you throw good stuff and good sauce and good crunch in a tortilla and it’s GOOD. But these buffalo chicken tacos are extra special.
I have several homemade recipes for the toppings in this recipe, so I hope you have fun trying them! They’ve become staples for us, so once you have them on repeat in your fridge, these will be a BREEZE. The store bought options will work just fine too, but I promise these recipes will take your tacos next level.
If you can’t find my exact tortillas, use whatever corn tortillas you love! You can adjust the few carbs if you care, no biggie.
How to Make Your Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Toss your coleslaw mix with the dressing and then set it aside.
Warm your tortillas in a pan on medium high heat with a mist of cooking spray. These will help the tortillas be warm and a bit crispy. If you like them softer, just keep an eye on them to not let them sit for too long. However, you want to make sure they are warmed long enough so they don’t fall apart when you’re eating them.
If you love a char like in the photos, cook them directly on your flame! I use tongs to flip… and obviously, be careful!
Throw all the toppings inside the tortilla! This will be your coleslaw, creamy buffalo chicken, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and pickled onions. Yes, you know I have to add the pickled onions! Top with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
If you’re using leftover creamy buffalo chicken, take a few minutes to warm it up in a pan, so it’ll be ready for your taco. If it’s fresh, you can throw it on as is.
What You Need for Your Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- Jalapeno avocado dressing
- Thin Mission corn tortillas
- Creamy buffalo chicken
- Pico de gallo
- Cotija cheese
- Pickled onions
Any type of pico de gallo will work, but we are in love with this recipe! And of course, I also linked to my recipes for the creamy buffalo chicken, pickled onions, and jalapeño avocado dressing! STAPLES over here.
Have you used cotija cheese before? This really takes your taco next level in my opinion– it transports me to a legit taco stand. Worth it!
For more yummy recipes like this one, follow me on Instagram @lillieeatsandtells. You can also follow me if you want to be friends. I like that too.
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix 56 g
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno avocado dressing 15 g
- 3 extra thin mission corn tortillas
- 4 oz creamy buffalo chicken 112 g
- ¼ cup pico de gallo 50 g (store bought works, but we love this one from this blackened salmon taco recipe)
- 1.5 tsp cotija cheese crumbled (5 g)
- Pinch of pickled onions 15 g
- Toss cabbage with dressing and set aside.
- Heat tortillas in a pan over medium high heat with a mist of cooking spray.
- Top with warmed buffalo chicken, pico, cotija, slaw, and pickled onions, dividing the ingredients evenly between the three tortillas. Top with fresh cilantro.