A quick and easy sheet pan recipe is always a win. These sheet pan tacos are so quick and easy, but with the with jalapeño avocado dressing and a few tiny additions, certainly not boring.
I use my simple seasoned turkey taco meat for this recipe. I’ll whip up a batch for tacos or a taco salad once and make sure to make plenty to have leftovers since it’s the easiest meat to enjoy later! This might be the most fool-proof protein for my kids. Who doesn’t love salty, tasty crumbly taco meat??
The boys keep their tacos simple of course, even though it breaks my heart. But if I’m making a sheet pan of tacos for the rest of us, or for guests, you’ll see fresh tomatoes, diced avocado, thinly sliced radishes, some mango, of course cilantro, and OBVIOUSLY my favorite super quick pickled onions. But the MFP is the drizzle of my jalapeno avocado dressing. The macros are better than ANY similar store-bought option and it’s SO MUCH BETTER. Make extra. Trust me.
What You’ll Need To Make Sheet Pan Tacos
For the tacos:
- Corn tortillas (10 carbs each)
- Olive oil Spray (18 g)
- Simple turkey taco meat (420 g)
- Tomatoes, diced (150 g)
- Avocado, diced (120 g)
- Radishes, sliced thin (75 g)
- Mango, diced (120 g)
- Cotija, crumbled (30 g)
- Creamy cilantro lime ranch (60 g) (recipe below)
- Pickled onions or thin sliced red onion
- Lettuce, shredded
What you’ll need to make the creamy Jalapeno Avocado Dressing
For the jalapeno avocado dressing:
- Greek yogurt
- Reduced fat buttermilk
- Avocado 40 g
- Cotija cheese
- Onion powder
- Frozen garlic cubes or 2 minced cloves
- Fresh lemon juice 30 g
- Fresh jalapeño 30 g
- Handful of cilantro 20 g- If you hate cilantro, sub parsley- still good!
- Green onions 10 g
How To Make Sheet Pan Tacos with Jalapeño Avocado Dressing
First, you’ll want to cook up your simple turkey taco meat if you don’t have any kicking around your fridge like I usually do! While it cooks, whip up the jalapeño avocado dressing by blending all of your dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
For the tacos, line two sheet pans with parchment and spread 6 corn tortillas on each. Give the tortillas a mist of olive oil spray and sprinkle with kosher salt. When your taco meat is cooked, (or even using cold, left-over meat) add a couple of tablespoons or 35 grams of meat to each tortilla. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with remaining ingredients, splitting them evenly amongst the twelve tortillas. I never said it was fancy! But such an easy way to have all of our tacos done at once.
If you want to play around with other sides to go with your sheet pan tacos, this Mexican street corn salsa recipe is delicious and would pair nicely! If you’re not feeling the ground turkey taco meet, this smoky honey cilantro instant pot chicken would be amazing. Or the salsa verde carnitas! Oh that’s good.
If you’re on a Mexican food kick, try out these other delicious macro friendly Mexican food recipes!
Macro friendly eating can be delicious, and I’m here to help lessen the learning curve to get you to enjoying all your favorites, but making them macro friendly! My cookbooks are chalk full or flavorful, tasty, macro-friendly recipes. And make sure you’re following along with me on Instagram for daily tips, tricks, and recipes!
Sheet Pan Tacos with Jalapeno Avocado Dressing
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
For the Tacos:
- 12 corn tortillas 10 carbs each
- Olive oil Spray 18 g
- 1 ½ cup simple turkey taco meat 420 g
- ¾ cup tomatoes diced (150 g)
- 1 ½ small avocado diced (120 g)
- 3 radishes sliced thin (75 g)
- 1 mango diced (120 g)
- 2 Tbsp cotija crumbled (30 g)
- ¼ cup Jalapeno Avocado Ranch 60 g
- Pickled onions or thin sliced red onion
- Lettuce shredded
For the Jalapeno Avocado Dressing:
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup reduced fat buttermilk
- Half an avocado 40 g
- 1 oz 28 g cotija cheese
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 frozen garlic cubes or 2 minced cloves
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice 30 g
- ½ -1 fresh jalapeño 30 g
- Handful of cilantro 20 g- If you hate cilantro sub parsley- still good!
- 2 green onions 10 g
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- For the jalapeño avocado dressing, blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Place in fridge for an hour if you have time. No big deal if not.
- For the tacos, line two sheet pans with parchment and spread 6 tortillas on each. Spray tortillas with an 18 gram mist of olive oil spray and sprinkle with kosher salt. Top each tortilla with simple turkey taco meat by taking 35 grams of the meat mixture to spread it evenly amongst the tortillas. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining ingredients, splitting them evenly amongst the twelve tortillas. If you want to make as many tacos as you like, but also want the macros to match, build each taco with 35 g meat, 12 g diced tomato, 10 g avocado, 6 g radishes, 10 g mango, 3 g cotija, 6 g jalapeno avocado ranch.