Ok these easy air fried fish tacos might need to become a weekly thing. They’re so good, so fresh, so light and so easy! Impress guests, feed the fam, or whip them up for a dreamy lunch… you can’t go wrong.
These fish tacos have all the toppings that make them restaurant worthy, but whipping up a batch is as easy as popping the bell peppers and fish in the air fryer! You’ll of course thank yourself for charring the tortillas over the stove and whipping up a batch of my skinny chipotle cream, pickled onions, and cilantro lime ranch beforehand! If you’ve been around my instagram page, you might have those all kicking around your fridge! Crossing my fingers for you.
You won’t regret stocking your fridge with these tasty bits and pieces to make all your meals a ten, while keeping your macros in check. You WON’T.
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- Bell peppers, sliced (or 300 g frozen sliced bell peppers)
- 2 filets of mahi, thawed (224 g)
- Trader Joe’s BBQ seasoning*
- Salt and Pepper
- Extra thin mission corn tortillas
- Shredded green cabbage
- Skinny chipotle cream (60 g)
- Pickled onions
- Cilantro lime ranch (60 g)
Start by pre-heating your air fryer to 400 degrees and give the basket a mist of avocado oil. You’ll then add your bell peppers and let those cook for about 5 minutes. While the bell peppers are cooking, season your mahi filets liberally with BBQ seasoning (I used one from Trader Joe’s called just that) and a good sprinkle of kosher salt. If you don’t have BBQ seasoning, a good bled of garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper will work, too!
When the five minutes are up for your peppers, scoot them over to the sides to make room for the fish. Add fish and cook for another five minutes until done.
While the fish cooks, toss your cabbage in 2 tablespoons of the cilantro lime ranch, and then char the tortillas over the stove (or just heat in a pan with a little oil spray).
When everything is ready, pile your tacos high with all the fixings (I’ll detail exact amount for macro counting in the recipe) and ENJOY!
How to serve these easy air fryer fish tacos
A batch of my Mexican street corn salsa on the side (or even piled on) would be perfect! Or if you’re not feeling the fish, or just need to mix it up, my easy blackened chicken tenderloins would also be a tasty protein option for this recipe!
Also, some extra leafy cilantro piled on top comes highly recommended, too!
If you like these fish tacos, you might love these similar recipes
Need a few other macro friendly Mexican dishes to try? I’ve got you covered! Here’s a few more of my favorites, but you can always find more sprinkled throughout my blog and Instagram!
Easy Air Fried Fish Tacos
- Pre heat air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray basket with a mist of avocado oil spray and add bell peppers. Cook for five minutes. While bell peppers cook, season mahi filets liberally with BBQ seasoning and a good sprinkle of kosher salt. *You can always just use a good blend of garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper. Just season well.
- When the five minutes are up, scoot bell peppers to the sides to make room for the fish. Add fish and cook for another five minutes until done.
- Toss cabbage in 2 Tbsp of the cilantro lime ranch. Char tortillas over the stove, or heat in a pan with a little oil spray. Build each taco with 10 grams (2 tsp) of chipotle cream, a pinch of the cabbage, a couple tablespoons of the cooked bell pepper, about 40 grams of cooked mahi, a few pickled onions, and a drizzle of the cilantro lime ranch. Enjoy!