First, have you had Mexican street corn? Do you love it or hate it? I think it’s the cotija cheese that makes it polarizing. But I put cotija in and on ANYTHING that resembles Mexican food so we’re definitely on team “love.” LOVE.
I repeat I LOVE MEXICAN STREET CORN. I love it legit and smothered in mayo… even when it ends up all up your nose and in your teeth (I struggle with cob eating)… I love it simple with butter and sprinkled with seasoning and cotija… and I still LOVE IT … all lightened up in my new macro-friendly universe. LOVE IT. Also love that it takes five minutes.
Of course it only takes five minutes because I ALWAYS have chipotle cream hanging out in my fridge. And you should too. You definitely should too– to make everything taste one level yummier and spicier…. and creamier —all for like NOTHING in the macro/calorie bank. Just trust me. It’s this two ingredient magic right here.
Of course if you don’t have it on hand, you can take five more minutes to whip it up… OR, you can substitute with just some sour cream, greek yogurt, or light mayo… and add some additional chili powder.
Besides that, you’re just gonna cook your corn (I even dumb that down by microwaving mine in the husk) slice it of the cob and mix with some onion, cilantro, the chipotle cream… a few seasonings and of course… COTIJA! If you can’t get to some Cotija… you can sub with feta or even parmesan. Squeeze with a bunch of fresh lime and its’ ready to add to all things Mexican.
Or just all the things. YUM.Print
Mexican Street Corn Salsa
Such an easy addition to whip up for tacos or tostadas or anything Mexican!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 ears of corn (360 g)
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion (50 g)
- 1 tbs (15 g) chipotle cream (if you don’t have this on hand, you could just substitute 1 tbs of fat free sour cream or low fat mayo… plus additional chili powder to taste. But you won’t regret keeping it on hand for just about EVERYTHING.)
- 1 tbs (15 g) cotija (can sub feta or parmesan if you don’t have it.)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 1/4–1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4–1/2 tsp Trader Joes Chili Lime Seasoning (or regular chili powder) (the truth is I just sprinkle both of these on until it tastes good.
- A good pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- Cook corn however you prefer- I love to just microwave it in the husks– 2-3 cobs at a time for about 4 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes, then husk and slice corn off the cob. Grilling would be delicious if you’re up to the task!
- In a bowl, combine corn, red onion, chipotle cream, cotija (maybe save a little to sprinkle on top at the end), juice from one whole lime, cilantro, garlic powder, chili lime seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Top with any extra cotija and cilantro for garnish and serve on top of tostadas, tacos, nachos etc! Or even over greens as a salad… it would be amazing with this cilantro lime ranch.
For easy logging, follow the gram measurements in my recipe and search “Lillie Eats and Tells Mexican Street Corn Salsa” to find it in My Fitness Pal!
- Serving Size: 75 g
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 1.5
- Saturated Fat: 0.6
- Carbohydrates: 11.8
- Protein: 2.5
Keywords: Mexican Street Corn Salsa