An easy, delicious sandwich to whip up for round two of some grilled pork tenderloin. DO IT. Restaurant worthy, but minutes of prep. This Pineapple Jalapeño Pork Sandwich spicy and sweet, fresh and toasty. So good.
The ingredient list is simple. Bun, grilled pork, pineapple, avocado… but what really brings this sandwich to life is my jalapeño avocado dressing. It’s true, I eat it with many things… but pairing it on this sandwich with my pineapple cilantro pork tenderloin was a no-brainer.
How to Make Your Pineapple Jalapeño Pork Sandwich
- Brioche hamburger Bun ((I love the St. Pierre brand)
- Jalapeño Avocado Dressing
- Fresh pineapple
- Pineapple Cilantro Pork Tenderloin
- Small avocado, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Green cabbage, shredded
- Low sugar BBQ sauce
- Fresh cilantro leaves
If I’m making this sandwich, it’s because I already have leftover jalapeño avocado dressing and pineapple cilantro pork tenderloin in my fridge. But you can make it all for this meal… and then make it again all week! This is a perfect lunch or quick dinner after we’ve had a Light Mexican Ceasar Salad or Jalapeño Cilantro Pork and Cauliflower Rice Bowls the night before.
For this simple sandwich, start by giving your brioche bun a mist of olive oil and toast face down in a hot pan until golden brown.
When the buns are ready, spread the bottom bun with 1 Tbsp (15 g) of the jalapeño avocado dressing. Build out your sandwich with a slice of fresh pineapple, the warmed pork, avocado, and red onion. Toss the cabbage with the remaining tablespoon (15 g) of dressing and pile your slaw on the sandwich. Finish with a drizzle of BBQ sauce and some fresh cilantro. SINK YOUR TEETH INTO IT.
Such a weird thing to say but I’m telling you it’s appropriate here.
As I mentioned, this is a favorite lunch if I’ve had a Light Mexican Ceasar Salad or Jalapeño Cilantro Pork and Cauliflower Rice Bowls the night before. If you want a side, pair the sandwich WITH my Mexican Ceaser Saladlk.
I’m a pretty big fan of lunch time. It’s a meal that often gets neglected comparatively to breakfast and dinner, but I think that’s just because people don’t know what to make! If this is you, I’ve got the solution. Check out these quick and delicious lunch recipes,
And of course… my all time favorite go to… CRUNCH WRAPS. I’ve got an entire cookbook dedicated to them. My most frequent lunches are crunch wraps and I don’t see that changing anytime soon! If you don’t believe me, follow along on Instagram! I talk about my crunch wraps quite a bit 😉 Bon Appetit!
Pineapple Jalapeño Pork Sandwich
- 1 Brioche hamburger bun (23c/3f/5p)
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeño Avocado Dressing (30 g)
- 1 Slice Fresh Pineapple (40 g)
- 4-5 Slices Pineapple Cilantro Pork Tenderloin, warmed (100 g)
- 1/4 Small Avocado, sliced (20 g)
- Red Onion, sliced (15 g)
- 1/2 Cup Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tbsp Low Sugar BBQ Sauce (15 g)
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Spray the bun halves with a mist of olive oil spray and toast face down in a hot pan until golden brown.
- Spread the bottom bun with 1 Tbsp (15 g) of the jalapeño avocado dressing. Top with a slice of fresh pineapple, the warmed pork, avocado, and red onion. Toss the cabbage with the remaining 15 g of dressing and pile your slaw on the sandwich. Finish with a drizzle of BBQ sauce and some fresh cilantro. SINK YOUR TEETH INTO IT.
- Such a weird thing to say, but I'm telling you it's appropriate here.