This quick Romesco sauce is going to become your new go-to sauce. It’s great on salads and meat, or even as a dip for your favorite crudité!
This versatile Romesco sauce has become one of my favorite sauces. It’s light, fresh, and flavorful. It was inspired by Trader Joe’s Romesco Dip (which I love!), but now that I’ve been making this, I can’t go back! This one is sweeter, fresher, and even lighter on your macros. It’s also extremely easy to whip up. It will last about a week in the fridge once made, but if you’re anything like me, you’ll kill it off well before then!
How to Make This Quick Romesco Sauce
This Romesco sauce comes together so fast! You don’t even have to get out a knife or cutting board. Here’s what you’re going to need:
- Jarred roasted red peppers
- A can of Rotel or fire-roasted tomatoes
- Roasted, salted almonds
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh parsley
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Place all of these ingredients into your food processor and process until you reach your desired consistency. I like to leave mine a little chunky, so it’s more like salsa.
Feel free to adjust this recipe according to your tastes. I have found that I really love this Romesco sauce made with parsley OR cilantro. You can’t go wrong. You might think the cilantro would make it taste too much like salsa, but it really doesn’t! Instead, it’s sweeter and nuttier, and the cilantro plays so well against the roasted red peppers. More like a tomato and roasted red pepper pesto.
I love to make this quick Romesco sauce once a week so I can have it on hand. I hate running out! I’m telling you, don’t sleep on this recipe. Go make it.
You’re going to love this easy Romesco sauce on chicken, fish, steak, tacos, sandwiches. Lately, I’ve been loving it on almost every salad. It would work great as a dip, too! Try dipping carrots, celery, peppers, crackers. The possibilities are endless!
If you need some more inspiration, here are a few recipes this Romesco sauce would be great with:
- Easy Blackened Chicken Tenderloins
- Fresh and Healthy Taco Salad (This recipe calls for Trader Joe’s Romesco sauce, but this Romesco sauce would be even tastier!)
- Summer Salad with Arugula, Basil, Pasta, and Crispy Chicken
- Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Sandwich (I would sub the jarred marinara this recipe calls for with this quick Romesco sauce; depending on the sauce you’re using, this Romesco sauce will probably fit your macros better anyway!)
More Sauce and Dip Recipes
This isn’t my only macro-friendly sauce! If you’re in the mood for something different, try one of these recipes:
- Lightened Up Chimichurri
- Creamy lemon basil dressing
- Jalapeno Avocado Dressing
- Lightened up Creamy Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Trader Joe’s Lentil Dip
If you make this quick Romesco Sauce, be sure to tag me on Instagram @lillieeatsandtells! I want to see what you serve it with!
Quick Romesco Sauce
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- ¾ cup roasted red peppers, drained (175 g)
- 10 oz can Rotel or fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup roasted, salted almonds (40 g)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar (60 g)
- 3 cloves garlic or use frozen cubes
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley optional, substitute cilantro (7-15 g)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Place everything in a small food processor and process until desired consistency.
- Use on chicken, fish, steak, tacos, salads, sandwiches.