Once I find something I like, I eat it over and over again. This quick and easy fried egg BLT is one of those sandwiches I enjoy on repeat. It’s really that good! Toasty, runny, sweet, and salty. It fits in at breakfast while also fitting in at lunch. Trust me, you just need to try it!
What You’ll Need to Make a Quick and Easy Fried Egg BLT:
- Schar gluten-free rustic sourdough bread
- Olive oil spray
- Calabrian chili mayo
- Deli ham
- Sliced bacon, cooked (we love Costco precooked for ease!)
- Thick sliced tomato, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Egg, fried and runny
- Sweet bell peppers, chopped
- Basil leaves, chopped
- Green onions chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make a Quick and Easy Fried Egg BLT:
For this sandwich, I love using my FAVORITE rustic sourdough loaf by Schar. I grab it at my local Sprouts, but you can also find it at other grocery stores or the Schar website. I love this bread because I can slice it from the bottom up to get nice huge slices while keeping them super thin. Maximum sandwich size without using more carbs than I want.
You can also use sliced bread if that’s what you prefer. I just like getting that ultra-thin slice that is crispy and crunchy once I toast it up. Plus, using Schar keeps this recipe gluten-free. Totally your choice, but if you’re using unsliced bread like me, make sure to carefully slice it into thin slices.
Once your bread is cut, it’s time to toast it up. I like toasting bread in a pan with a spritz of olive oil spray on each side. So toasty. So delicious! It’s all about the crunch for me. The crunchier the sandwich the better. You can’t beat it!
Once your bread is toasty, your sandwich is ready to build! Spread toasted bread with Calabrian chili mayo, and top with ham, bacon, thick sliced tomato seasoned with salt and pepper, and a fried egg.
Don’t miss a recipe! Sign up for my emails!
In my opinion, tomatoes can make or break a sandwich! If they’re beautiful and sweet, the thicker slice the better! If they’re nothing special, I’ll leave the tomato slice thinner and maybe even marinate them in balsamic vinegar for a few minutes to give them some life. So delish!
To finish off your fried egg BLT, top the sandwich with chopped bell peppers, basil leaves, green onions, and arugula. Trust me, don’t sleep on the fresh basil to make this sandwich!
The best thing about macro foods is that you can add or take away specific ingredients to get your macros right where you want them. Want to bring fats down? Use one slice of bacon in this fried egg BLT sandwich and swap your fried egg for egg whites. Want to bring protein up? Add more fried egg whites or add some extra ham to do the trick. Macro-friendly should always taste delicious while helping you meet your goals. I mean we are talking about a fried egg BLT here. It’s so yummy and also full of macro-friendly ingredients.
We love eating this quick and easy fried egg BLT sandwich piled high with all the toppings. It can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even as a filling snack. It’s perfect any time!
Quick and Easy Fried Egg BLT
This quick and easy fried egg BLT has become one of my all-time favorites and I know you are going to love it too! If you are looking for other macro-friendly recipe ideas, you should check out my cookbooks. They are all full of recipes that make macro-friendly eating delicious and easy. Make sure you are also hanging out with me on Instagram and TikTok. I am always sharing the latest macro foods I am trying!
Fried Egg BLT
- 2 thin slices Schar gluten-free rustic sourdough bread* (75 g)
- Spritz of olive oil spray (2-3 g)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Calabrian chili mayo (20 g) recipe linked
- 2 slices Deli ham (28 g)
- 2 slices Bacon, cooked (We love Costco precooked for ease!)
- Thick sliced tomato, seasoned with salt and pepper (75-100 g)
- 1 Egg, fried and runny
- 1 Tbsp Sweet bell peppers, chopped (10 g)
- 1 Tbsp Basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If using unsliced bread, carefully slice to thin slices. Toast in a pan with a spritz of olive oil spray on each side, until toasty.
- Spread toasted bread with Calabrian chili mayo, and top with ham, bacon, thick sliced tomato seasoned with salt and pepper, and a fried egg. Top with chopped bell peppers, basil leaves, green onions, and arugula. Enjoy!