I’ve always loved a BLT. Who doesn’t. And then when you just make it yummier and richer by adding more of the good stuff and the acronym just gets better and longer…. BLAT… BLATE…
No no. Bad name. Abort.
But I do want it all on there. Bacon, Lettuce, caramelized ONION, avocado, tomato, and obviously an egg….
I would have never guessed this could work with macros before. Seeing as it’s usually based around bacon and mayo. Such KEY components and such calorie bombs. And then since bacon is the only real source of protein, you can’t bulk the protein up without bulking the fat too… the opposite of macro friendly. HOWEVER, when you fill it with an egg plus whites, keep it to one slice of bacon, and whip up this quick fat free chipotle “mayo” (or “creme” or “cream”… I can’t commit to a name I just know I like it on everything) in place of mayo… it totally fits! And not only fits but like slips in there no big deal. And is maybe just even BETTER than the classic. So full of flavor and layers and texture.. I could eat this every day.
BLT with Fried Egg and Fat Free Chipotle “Mayo”
With the help of this thinly sliced french bread, and the fat free chipotle creme, this sandwich is totally macro friendly while tasting every bit as indulgent as it sounds. Build yours however you want but my amounts for these macros are in parentheses!
- French or Italian bread you can slice yourself so you can go as thin as possible. (Preferably light and airy to lower weight and carbs as opposed to a dense crusty or sourdough loaf.) (54 g total)
- Avocado (20 g)
- Butter lettuce
- Tomatoes (80 g)
- 1.5 slices of bacon (I use Costco’s precooked- can’t find any other precooked that I like but I love this one.)
- 1 egg white plus one whole fried egg seasoned with s&p.
- Caramelized or grilled onions (20 g) (Here I did more of a grilled onion, cooked high and fast. Often I’ll caramelize thinly sliced onion with salt and cooking spray over low heat for a while. I’ll do a whole onion and use it throughout the week… adds so much flavor to sandwiches, pizzas, wraps, eggs, etc.. usually shrinks by half so for easy estimated logging, log 40g raw onion.)
- Homemade fat free chipotle creme (20g) (blend or chop 1-2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce depending on your heat preference and ½ tbs adobo sauce into ½ cup fat free sour cream or greek yogurt—I prefer sour cream. I use this EVERY day on this turkey sandwich.)
- Toast your bread in a pan with olive oil spray.
- Smash avocado on bottom piece
- Top with lettuce, thick tomatoes, salt and pepper….
- Add bacon, fried egg white, fried egg, and caramelized onion
- Top with other toast spread with chipotle creme
- Cut in half to admire your yolky masterpiece and enjoy.
- Serving Size: This sandwich
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 36.6
- Protein: 21.1