I usually grab part of a cookie or protein bar for breakfast on the way to the gym. So this was me being all brunchy and fancy after picking up a fresh loaf of crusty sourdough and drooling over the smell the whole way home…
Hardly a recipe but still something worth sharing because #yolk and because sometimes it’s good to be reminded that 2 more minutes of effort and your food can taste like grown up food.
Sourdough toast topped with Trader Joe’s roasted red pepper spread, a piece of bacon, and two whites plus one whole fried egg. Add a pinch of cilantro and green onion plus a few red pepper flakes and a drizzle of Sriracha (even though it looks like ketchup )… Next time I’ll nestle the arugula right there under the eggs because I wanted it in every bite. 245 calories: 23C 9F 18P. It’s a snayack.
Sourdough Egg Toast with Sriracha and Roasted Red Pepper Spread
- 42 gram slice of sourdough bread
- 1 fried egg plus 2 additional whites fried separately
- A handful of arugula
- 1 piece of bacon
- 1 tbs Trader Joes Roasted Red Pepper and quinoa spread
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- A pinch of green onions
- A pinch of cilantro
- Top your sourdough toast with red pepper spread, bacon, egg whites, then runny egg. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions and finish with a drizzle of sriracha and a few red pepper flakes.
- I love an uncut loaf of bread because you can slice it as thin as you’d like giving you a little more control over the carbs.
- Sriracha is such a great condiment, adding so much flavor for just a couple of carbs.
- Scrambling eggs with one whole egg doesn’t always do it for me. They still taste too much like egg whites that it’s not always even worth the added fat to me. But done like this, I don’t miss anything. You get all the goodness of that luscious yolk but your food is stretched farther and your protein higher with the extra whites.