This Green Goddess Veggie Turkey Burger on a salad was super tasty. Smothered in Green Goddess dressing, obviously even better. But clearly it needed a moment snuggled into a crusty ciabatta bun. Because crusty and ciabatta. And yuuuuuu.
I will never tire of a good burger or chicken sandwich. NEVER. Always top of my list at a restaurant…and one of the best ways to repurpose any leftover protein we’ve got lying around at home. Give me a mile of toppings and a generous layer of some yummy sauce. I can even turn a blind eye to the fact that the boys will be having theirs with zero (to one) toppings, and ketchup *tears*– because I’ll be too distracted loving MINE.
How to Make a Green Goddess Veggie Turkey burger on Ciabatta
First, spray your ciabatta with a little olive oil spray and toast face down in a pan until golden brown. Toasted is ALWAYS better. If your roll seems so fresh and soft that you doubt the toast. Ignore your doubts. TOAST THE BUN.
I love to hollow out the inside of the Ciabatta roll. Of course it shaves off a few carbs, which might seem insignificant, but if you count macros, every little bit adds up and it’s fun to know you can save them for the things you love most if you chose! But mostly, I love that it makes a perfect pocket to hold all your Green Goddess slaw. I toast the bun face-down in pan first, then carefully pull out the soft insides, making sure to leave the outside intact. For the macros I’ve listed for this sandwich, you’ll want to get the weight of your bread to 75 grams. But obviously, skip this altogether if you don’t care about that! Not trying to make you obsess over the weight of your roll. I just want to give you options if you want them. Because that’s what friends do. xx
Once your Ciabatta is toasted, it’s time to start building this TASTY Green Goddess burger. Grab avocado, Green Goddess Slaw, Green Goddess Dressing, your Veggie Packed Turkey Burger and pickled onions. I like smashing avocado onto the bottom bun with a good pinch of salt. I don’t ever want to see avocado without salt. Mmkay? Add the Veggie Packed Turkey burger, Green Goddess Slaw, a drizzle of Green Goddess dressing, and pickled onions. Throw on some extra fresh cilantro or other herbs if they’re handy. I hope you love it!
What You’ll Need for the Green Goddess Veggie Turey Burger on Ciabatta:
- Ciabatta roll (or other crusty bread) pan toasted, *hollowed out
- 1 Veggie Packed Turkey Burger
- Green Goddess Slaw
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Pickled Onions
Since one of these macro-friendly Green Goddess Veggie Turkey Burgers is so light, you might want another on the side with a simple green salad or more slaw. Like this recipe. OR, you could enjoy two open-faced burgers on each half of your ciabatta topped with all the Green Goddess goodness.
- Greek Turkey Burger
- Fig and Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers with Caramelized Onion-AKA: My Favorite Burger Ever.
- Lightened up BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Instant-Pot Healthy Bahn Mi Sandwich
- Easy Baked Parmesan Chicken Sandwich
Let me know if you end up trying this Green Goddess Veggie Burger by tagging me on Instagram. I love seeing everyone’s healthy spins on macro-friendly food. If you liked this recipe (and my other Green Goddess recipes), you should check out my cookbooks. They are full of healthy and easy recipes that the whole family will love.
Green Goddess Veggie Turkey Burger on Ciabatta
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- Spray your ciabatta with a little olive oil spray and toast face down in a pan until golden brown. *If you want to shave off a few carbs and make more room for the slaw to stay put, hollow out the inside as best you can, by ripping out the bread carefully, making sure to leave the outside intact. It’s easier to hollow out AFTER toasting. You want to get the weight to 75 grams to match the macros of this recipe. But obviously skip this all together if you don’t care about that!
- Smash avocado on to the bottom bun and sprinkle with salt.
- Add the burger, slaw, a drizzle of Green Goddess dressing, and pickled onions.
- Throw on some extra fresh cilantro or other herbs if they’re handy. Enjoy!