A meatless dish that is still hearty is always a win in my book. I’m also pretty into cauliflower rice in case you hadn’t noticed. (I’ll include a few of my other favorite cauliflower rice recipes at the end!) This Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice is packed full of flavor and comes together so quickly!
This is a great go-to recipe for busy weeknights. The whole thing comes together in about 20 minutes. And if you’re in the mood for a bit of extra protein, it can easily and just as quickly be added to this meatless dish. A batch of my Simple Ground Turkey Taco Meat is the perfect (and still quick!) addition!
How to Make Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Onions, diced (I love the bags of frozen diced onions!)
- Cauliflower rice, frozen or fresh
- Bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- Kosher salt
- Chili powder
- Garlic cubes, or minced cloves
- Diced green chilis
- Liquid egg whites
- Frozen corn
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime, zest and juice
- Sour Cream
Start by heating a large skillet over high heat and give it just a mist of olive oil spray. Once the oil is fragrant you can add in your onion, riced cauliflower, bell peppers, and spice seasoning mix. Cook for about 10 minutes or until all veggies are soft and the liquid is minimal.
You can then add in the garlic and green chilis and let them cook for about a minute or. Next up: the egg whites. Add one cup of the liquid egg whites and stir in well. It will take about two minutes to cook. Once it’s cooked and no longer liquidy, you can add the second cup of egg whites. Stir everything until it’s all cooked together. It should resemble taco meat. Add your corn, cilantro, lime zest, and juice. Toss and enjoy!
We love this in a bowl topped with avocado and sour cream. But it’s also great to use as vegetarian taco meat! If you want to do a meatless taco bar, this Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice along with my street corn salsa or fresh corn salsa is an easy and delicious dinner spread. It’s also amazing with a fried egg on top! There’s certainly plenty of room for some fat.
As promised, here are a few of my favorite cauliflower rice recipes!
Or if you’re in the mood for a few of my other Mexican inspired dishes, here are a few of those favorites,
If you make any of my recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram @lillieeatsandtells! I love drooling over your food pictures! And be sure to check out my cookbooks for more macro-friendly recipes, tips, and tricks!
Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- 2 cups onions diced (I love the bags of frozen diced onions!) (220 g)
- 20 oz cauliflower rice frozen or fresh (560 g)
- 2 cups bell pepper chopped or sliced (200 g)
- 2 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 frozen garlic cubes or minced cloves
- 4 oz can of diced green chilis
- 2 cups liquid egg whites 480 g
- 1 cup frozen corn 118 g
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped (25 g)
- 1 lime zest and juice
- Sour Cream
- Heat a large skillet over high heat with a mist of olive oil spray. Add onion, riced cauliflower, bell peppers, and seasoning, Cook for about 10 minute until all veggies are soft and liquid is minimal.
- Add garlic and green chilis and cook for a minute. Add one cup of the liquid egg whites and stir in well. Cook for about two minutes. Once it’s cooked and no longer liquidy, add the second cup of egg whites, stir that one in well until it’s all cooked together. It should resemble taco meat. Add corn, cilantro, lime zest and juice. Toss and serve! We love this in a bowl topped with avocado and sour cream. But it’s also great as a vegetarian taco meat!