Ok this almost feels absurd giving this it’s own post since it’s made up of … wait… TWO INGREDIENTS. Chipotle peppers, and sour cream. But don’t leave yet, totally one of those sum-is-better-than-the-parts situations.
But if you’ve made anything of mine, there’s a good chance you’ve made this because I literally eat it on like 90 percent of my meals. I was gonna say everything but I hate when people say “literally” and proceed to exaggerate. That poor word is losing it’s very meaning.
But I LITERALLY eat this on like 90 percent of my meals. Maybe 70. I don’t know but a lot. For example, this fig and blue cheese burger, these carnitas tostadas.. or any taco ESPECIALLY FISH, my staple turkey sub, this fried egg BLT, this turkey, bacon, brie and peach panini, the crunch wrap, my current staple egg white pitas… it’s silly I know.
Or drizzled on a giant fajita burrito.
And sometimes I want to apologize for the repetition, or not include it in the recipe but sneak it on my own meal (so sneaky)… but that just seems mean… what if yours wasn’t as good?
Before macros we’d make this with full fat mayo (which SURPRISE was even better). But I can honestly say I don’t miss the real stuff at all anymore and this has saved SO many macro-friendly meals that would otherwise veer dangerously close to TASTING macro-friendly. Um no.
And here you have it– some super skinny chipotle creme. If I run out, I whip some up while my sandwich roll is toasting… that should tell you how easy shmeasy it is. Or maybe it just tells you how weird I am that I “literally” can’t go without it.
Like I’ll die.
Like skinny chipotle creme is life.
Ross likes to remind me that I’m TECHNICALLY a millennial… but sometimes I like to remind the world. Or at least the twelve of you that read this. Ha! I’ll stop now. Gonna go slather this on a sandwich…Print
Two Ingredient skinny Chipotle Creme
My favorite macro-friendly “condiment” by FAR! Smokey (even though I used to think I didn’t like smokey), spicy (only as sfpicy as you want) and creamy. Wakes up just about everything.
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Total Time: 2 min
Fat free sour cream, light mayo, or greek yogurt.*
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (found at most grocery stores near the green chilis and enchilada sauce etc. I prefer this Embasa brand but otherwise just check the nutrition facts, some are surprisingly higher in carbs. No deal-breakers but still…)
- Spoon 1 cup sour cream into a small food processor, or blender jar.
- Add about 2 chipotle peppers plus 1 tbs of the sauce to the cream and blend or process… all done!
- You can just do a quick fine chop of your peppers and then stir them in yourself if you hate dirtying the big appliances. I do that when I’m in a pinch and realize I’m out when I’m in the middle of building my sandwich!
- *(I prefer the sour cream because I usually run out of protein a the end of a day and am not looking to add any… and I prefer the consistency. But all of them work!)
- Sometimes I add a little lime juice (like Bobby Flay in his chipotle mayo) and a pinch of salt… particularly when I’m using it for tacos. But since I make so much at a time, I keep it in my fridge with just the two ingredients to avoid any curdling.)
I always make double this since we eat so much. I blend a WHOLE container of sour cream with 4-5 peppers and a couple of tbs of sauce, and then pour it back in the sour cream container to scare anyone who comes over and opens it expecting it to be white.
- Serving Size: 30 grams or about 2 tbs
- Calories: 28
- Fat: 0.3
- Carbohydrates: 4.5
- Protein: 1.7