Ok this almost feels absurd giving this it’s own post since it’s made up of … wait… TWO INGREDIENTS. Chipotle peppers, and sour cream. But don’t leave yet, totally one of those sum-is-better-than-the-parts situations. This two ingredient skinny chipotle creme is about to become your new favorite. Trust me.
But if you’ve made anything of mine, there’s a good chance you’ve made this because I literally eat it on like 90 percent of my meals. I was gonna say everything but I hate when people say “literally” and proceed to exaggerate. That poor word is losing it’s very meaning.
But I LITERALLY eat this on like 90 percent of my meals. Maybe 70. I don’t know but a lot. For example, this fig and blue cheese burger, these carnitas tostadas.. or any taco (ground beef, turkey, and chicken are all amazing, but FISH is amazing with this creamy sauce!), my staple turkey sub, this fried egg BLT, this turkey, bacon, brie and peach panini, the crunch wrap, my current staple egg white pitas… it’s silly I know.
Or drizzled on a giant fajita burrito. Just think of it… red onion… cilantro… a hint of lime juice. You’ll never want a boring Chipotle burrito again. (or a burrito bowl with brown rice would be good too!)
And sometimes I want to apologize for the repetition, or not include it in the recipe but sneak it on my own meal (so sneaky)… but that just seems mean… what if yours wasn’t as good?
Before macros we’d make this with full fat mayo (which SURPRISE was even better). But I can honestly say I don’t miss the real stuff at all anymore, the fat free sour cream does the job. And this has saved SO many macro-friendly meals that would otherwise veer dangerously close to TASTING macro-friendly. Um no.
And here you have it– some super skinny chipotle creme (cream– don’t ask me why I spelled it that way but I can’t change it now because it’s in the title! ha!) If I run out, I whip some up while my sandwich roll is toasting… that should tell you how easy shmeasy it is. Or maybe it just tells you how weird I am that I “literally” can’t go without it.
Like I’ll die.
Like skinny chipotle creme is life.
It’s so much better than what you can find at the grocery store and so cheap! Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are always on hand in my pantry.
Ross likes to remind me that I’m TECHNICALLY practically, almost a millennial… but sometimes I like to remind the world. Or at least the twelve of you that read this. Ha! I’ll stop now. Gonna go slather this on a sandwich… (you can find several great ones in my cookbook!)
Two Ingredient skinny Chipotle Creme
- 1 cup fat free sour cream or light sour cream, mayo, or greek yogurt.*
- 2 chipotle peppers plus 1 tbs sauce from canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (found at most grocery stores near the green chilis and enchilada sauce etc. I prefer this Embasa brand but otherwise just check the nutrition facts, some are surprisingly higher in carbs. No deal-breakers but still…
- Spoon 1 cup sour cream into a small food processor, or blender jar.
- Add about 2 chipotle peppers plus 1 tbs of the sauce (depending on how much heat you like) to the sour cream and blend or process… all done!
- You can just do a quick fine chop of your peppers and then stir them in yourself if you hate dirtying the big appliances. I do that when I’m in a pinch and realize I’m out when I’m in the middle of building my sandwich!
- *(I prefer the sour cream because I usually run out of protein a the end of a day and am not looking to add any from the greek yogurt… and I prefer the consistency. But all of them work! If you use lite sour cream because it’s hard to find fat free… I would just log the lite sour cream – the addition of the peppers changes the macros so little.)
- Sometimes I add a little lime juice (like Bobby Flay in his chipotle mayo) and a pinch of salt… particularly when I’m using it for tacos. But since I make so much at a time, I keep it in my fridge with just the two ingredients because I think the lime juice makes it turn bad faster.)
Tried this recipe?
Tag @LillieEatsAndTells on Instagram with #LillieEatsandTells! We’d love to see your creations!
Add lime juice and a small drizzle of honey and you’ll be in heaven! SO GOOD!
I am going to try this! It looks amazing and I love your enthusiam. 🙂
How did you add the 2 peppers and 1T of sauce into MFP? 1 serving off the label? more?
Yeah I just weight the final amount I use and it’s a blend of sauce and peppers… and it’s so light, so any margin of error is pretty negligible!
This is the best!! Quick question, how long does this usually last once you prep it?
Thanks for all the quick and easy recipes!
Probably as long as your sour cream would last, like a week to ten days!
MY LIFE HAS BEEN CHANGED. This is going to save me during Madeline Moves TT Round 2!!
I’m so glad you love it!
Another staple in my meals. So good for my crunch wraps, on top of chili, or tacos. Really. Anything!
This has become a staple to keep in the fridge!! SO good!!