This delicious, macro-friendly, dairy-free green sauce is my new favorite! I’m in the middle of figuring out some gut stuff, taking a break from gluten and dairy, and I did NOT want to take a break from my favorite jalapeño avocado dressing. So I made a few changes!
This is perfect for dipping, dunking, and drizzling, on so many of your favorite recipes! It’s easy to make, adds so much flavor to EVERYTHING, and it’s so easy on your macros which means you can go crazy. I don’t like to feel limited in my drizzling.
If you love herbs, and sauces, and tons of flavor while keeping it light, you’re gonna want to make this ahead and have on hand in your fridge. Of course, whipping it up to pair with what you’re cooking is easy enough, but don’t be afraid of making extra! We keep it in the fridge all week. Having amazing, light sauces at the ready is a GAME changer when it comes to macro-friendly meals that DO NOT disappoint.
How to Make Dairy Free-Green Sauce
- Jalapeño, seeded
- Garlic (I always use the frozen Dorot cubes– all the fresh flavor, ZERO stinky fingers or work haha.)
- White balsamic vinegar
- Cashew milk
- Lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Simply blend everything in a blender or small food processor until pretty smooth. That’s it! You can add a little more vinegar or cashew milk if it needs some thinning, the macros will hardly change since it’s so light.
Serving Suggestions for this Delicious Dairy-Free Green Sauce
We eat this on pretty much any grilled protein, roasted veggie, eggs, avocado toast… salads, rice bowls, you name it. I love dipping smashed potatoes or roasted carrot fries. It obviously goes super well with so many of my favorite Mexican dishes— just such a quick and easy way to add a punch of flavor. Here are some of my favorite recipes to pair it with:
- Smashed Potatoes
- Roasted Carrot Fries
- Easy Air Fried Fish Tacos – Lillie Eats and Tells
- Lower Carb Lavash Fajita Burrito – Lillie Eats and Tells
- Quick and Healthy Crispy Carnitas Quinoa Bowl – Lillie Eats and Tells
- Personal Pan of Macro-Friendly Nachos with Honey Cilantro Chicken – Lillie Eats and Tells
If you’re looking for more macro-friendly sauces and dips to keep on hand at your house, my homemade Romesco sauce recipe comes highly recommended by me! Here are a few more of my favorite sauces and dips,
Jalapeno Avocado Dressing – Lillie Eats and Tells (this is pretty much the “dairy version” of this one!)
If you make this quick and delicious dairy-free green sauce or any of my other favorites, be sure to tag me on Instagram @lillieeatsandtells! I want to see what you serve it with!
Dairy Free Green Sauce
- 1/2 Avocado (40g)
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded (20g)
- 2 cubes Frozen Garlic (10g)
- 3 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar (45g)
- 3 Tbsp Cashew Milk (45g)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (15g)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (10g)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (10g)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Blend everything in a blender or small food processor until pretty smooth. Add a little more vinegar or cashew milk if it needs thinning! (Macros will hardly change since it's all so light.)