A recipe for tasty but heathy fries that almost feel indulgent! But they’re carrots. So they’re not. These spicy carrot fries with lemon cumin yogurt sauce are easy to whip up, macro friendly, and so good!
The recipe calls for making these in the oven, just because I always want to fit as much as possible! But you could definitely pop them into your air fryer if you’ve got the space and want them nice and crisped. That’s definitely where we’ll heat up any leftovers.
The chipotle chili powder and paprika are what lends the “spicy” to the title of this recipe, but if you’re worried about heat, regular chili powder can be substituted! The yogurt sauce helps cool it of course– LOVE it with the smoky paprika and chipotle.
How to Make Spicy Carrot Fries with Lemon Cumin Yogurt Sauce
For the Spicy Carrot Fries You’ll Need:
- Carrots, cut into “fries”
- Olive oil
- Dried parsley
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Chipotle chili powder
- Onion powder
For the Lemon Cumin Yogurt Sauce You’ll Need:
- Non- fat Greek yogurt
- Fresh parsley, minced
- Non-fat milk to thin
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
Start by preheating your oven to 425. You can then cut your carrots into fry-shaped strips; I do it by first cutting the carrots in half or thirds length wise. You can then stand each piece on its end, slice them into long flat slices, then cut each slice into fries. (Peeling is optional, I like the skin.)
Once you’ve got your carrots prepped, lay them on a large sheet pan making sure not to crowd. Spray with about 15 grams or 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and then sprinkle with dry spices. You’ll want to toss well and roast for 15 minutes or until tender. I like to broil for an additional 3-5 minutes to try and get a little more color on them.
While those are cooking, you can whip up your batch of lemon cumin yogurt sauce. It’s as easy as combining all the ingredients in a small bowl and stirring! Easy peasy.
When ready, remove carrots from the oven and transfer fries to a dish. Sprinkle them with fresh parsley and serve with lemon cumin yogurt sauce! Serve with your favorite protein, sandwich, or burger and enjoy!
These carrots fries are still carrots. And they’re not deep fried, so don’t expect crispy french fries! But they are delicious, and the perfect side to any burger or sandwich to make it a meal!
Here are some meals we love to serve them witth:
Needing a few more quick and easy sides to add to your menu? Here are a few more that we love at my house! (all macro friendly and delicious!)
Are you already following me on Instagram? (@lillieeatsandtells) I’m always sharing my favorite recipes, both old and new, there! I also wrote a cook book that is full of taste tested approved macro friendly delicious recipes! You can check it out here!
Spicy Carrot Fries with Lemon Cumin Yogurt Sauce
For the Spicy Carrot Fries
- 1 ½ lb carrots cut into “fries” (705 g)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 15 g
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
For the Lemon Cumin Yogurt Sauce
- ⅓ cup non- fat Greek yogurt 85 g
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley minced (4 g)
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice 7 g
- 1 Tbsp non-fat milk to thin 15g
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425º. Cut your carrots into fry-shaped strips by first cutting large carrots in half or thirds length wise. Standing each piece on its end, slice them into long flat slices, then cut each slice into fries. (Peeling is optional, I like the skin.)
- Lay cut carrots on a large sheet pan making sure not to crowd. Spray with 15 grams or 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and sprinkle with dry spices. Toss well and roast for 15 minutes or until tender. I like to broil for an additional 3-5 minutes to try and get a little more color on them.
- Combine all ingredients for the lemon cumin yogurt sauce in a small bowl.
- Remove carrots from the oven and transfer fries to a dish. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with lemon cumin yogurt sauce.