So I watched the darling Macro-Queen Quincey over @iheartmacros make these crunch wraps like a pro in an instagram story a while back and had to take a stab. (Confession I have a soft spot for Taco Bell- don’t leave me over it. It doesn’t define me.)
While I haven’t mastered the folding like Quincey, I do think THIS (and as a pizza) is how the Joseph’s Lavash bread was MADE to be eaten! And they should be eaten. Especially if you count your macros… their numbers are so incredible… but rolled up cold doesn’t do it for me. Functional. But nothing special. (Too much of a real-bread lover even though I confessed I do sometimes “think outside the bun.” ha.)
But crisped up in a pan and it’s amazing and totally has its purpose! (And it doesn’t break that way which is a plus.)
Also a good friend of mine took the risk on Walden farms chipotle ranch and gave me the go-ahead to buy it. (I’ve wasted lots of dollars on gross ones.) I actually kind of love it! I mean it is what it is. It costs you zero macros and you always KINDA get what you pay for right? But it’s amazing for those times you don’t want to spend the macros but you DO want to drizzle or dip to your hearts’ desire. Or you want your lunch to last longer so you drizzle some on a pile of arugula for almost nothing. Of course if you’ve got plenty of room, use what you love.
These are super good. Good enough for a solid dinner but easy and light enough for a quick lunch. This particular time I used rotisserie chicken because I had it, but any leftover grilled chicken would be great, or this yummy smokey cilantro chicken from this nacho recipe would be so good. Just warm it up in the pan first so it’s not so juicy that it makes your wrap soggy.
Soggy is no good. CRUNCH wraps cannot be soggy.
Here’s the recipe for your delicious crispy low-carb lunch that doesn’t feel low carb at all. The only kind of low-carb I like.
Low-Carb, High Protein Chicken Pepper Jack “Crunch Wrap”
- 1 whole Joseph’s Lavash wrap* does anyone really eat a half?
- Pulled rotisserie chicken breast or any leftover grilled or shredded chicken (100 g)
- 1 slice of reduced fat pepper jack cheese I buy sargento
- Avocado 20 g
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Sliced tomatoes 50 g
- Red onion 15 g
- Handful of arugula
- 1/2 tbs Cilantro avocado dressing or more if you have the room!
- *Walden Farms calorie-free Chipotle Ranch if you want more dressing than you want to track!
- Layer cheese, chicken, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, arugula and a drizzle of the bolthouse right in the middle of the flat lavash. Like a circle in the middle.
- Wrap left side over, then move clockwise with five folds to create sort of pentagon. Mine is never perfect. It’s ok.
- Spray a hot pan and grill the seam-side first to seal it up. Spray the uncooked side with cooking spray and then flip and cook until browned, hot, and melty inside.
- Drizzle with or dip in more cilantro avocado dressing if you have the macros for it, salsa, or the calorie free Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch is pretty decent and you don’t have to weigh it! (For macro counters.)