Turkey, Peach, Brie and Bacon Panini. OH MY GOSH. I swore I’d do no real carbs at lunch today to save more for dinner since I lowered my macros a little. But then I realized the carbs on this are close to lots of my salads… and there were clouds today!– calls for comfortish food (even if it’s still 100 outside ) So I went for it. Best decision, like the kind where I’m closing my eyes and “mmm”-ing the whole time. Now I’m sitting getting my hair cut and I’m hungry and all I want is another one for dinner… …. probably will. Macros: 35c 12f 31p.
A note about the bread.. for reference, this 50 grams of roll that made me like a 7 inch sandwich, came to 25 carbs. It’s hard to find two pieces of bread that add up to that. One slice of average bread is usually around 20 carbs. “Low-carb” pieces (usually tiny square pieces) are around 12 for one. So you’d have the same carbs for a little tiny square sandwich. I prefer more of like a long shoe-sized sandwich thanks.
Turkey Peach Basil Panini with Brie
- 50 grams of a Bolillo roll– or any sandwich roll the bigger and airer the better! my whole roll weighed 93 grams. Carefully, I sliced it into four thin slices horizontally (maybe 3.5 💁🏼) and combined two that came to 50 g. All the panini, half the carbs. 👌🏻
- 90 g favorite turkey or chicken (boars head golden classic chicken is my favorite deli meat
- 25 g of Brie
- 1 slice bacon Costco precooked is a staple in our home. Surprisingly good and so easy. Macros hardly different than turkey bacon so I’m real bacon all the way.
- 25 g thinly sliced peaches
- Ribboned fresh basil
- Handful of arugula
- 15 g thinly sliced red onion
- 15 g 1tbs fat free chipotle “mayo”
- For “mayo”: Mix fat-free sour cream with canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce- chop or blend peppers first…. about a tbs with about ¼ cup sour cream or light mayo- can’t really mess this up. Just DO IT. And leave a container in your fridge and put it on everything like I do.
- Top a piece of the bread with sliced Brie, turkey, bacon, peaches, basil, red onion, and arugula.
- Spread chipotle “mayo” on the other side and place on top.
- Spray each side of sandwich with olive oil spray and cook on medium pressing a little with your spatula till golden and melty and sweet and spicy and crispy and amazing and done.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @LillieEatsAndTells on Instagram with #LillieEatsandTells! We’d love to see your creations!
I credit YOU with being the person to give me the confidence to give macro counting a go. Granted I am only in my first week of counting macros, but it is going really well. I was so hesitant to try it (even though I have tried many much weirder get thin quick diets over the years) because I worried I’d have to eat weird protein powder and egg white and sugar free pudding mix concoctions baked and dubbed “donuts.” And then I discover your insta and see all these delicious, real food recipes. I think we share eating dna, because everything you post appeals to me and now with your blog, I can’t wait to have a go at some of these recipes! I love to cook as well. I love feeding my family healthy food and I also want to feel good in my bod. And I do feel kinda sad about the low fat salad dressing thing, but whoa who knew how much fat I was pouring on my nightly healthy side salad?!?! Like 20 grams with my homemade olive oil, dijon, splash of rice wine vinegar & a shallot dressing! Mind blown. Anyway, I ramble, but please keep at it. Thank you for your recipes and beautiful photographs. xo Molly
Molly! I just found this comment— don’t even know where to look for these! So it was such a treat. And seriously everything you wrote could have been me. Down to the ingredients in your dressing. I’m so glad this might help! Let me know any time you have ideas of ways I could be more helpful!