Turkey, Peach, Brie and Bacon Panini. OH MY GOSH. I swore I’d do no real carbs at lunch today to save more for dinner since I lowered my macros a little. But then I realized the carbs on this are close to lots of my salads… and there were clouds today!– calls for comfortish food (even if it’s still 100 outside ) So I went for it. Best decision, like the kind where I’m closing my eyes and “mmm”-ing the whole time. Now I’m sitting getting my hair cut and I’m hungry and all I want is another one for dinner… …. probably will. Macros: 35c 12f 31p.
A note about the bread.. for reference, this 50 grams of roll that made me like a 7 inch sandwich, came to 25 carbs. It’s hard to find two pieces of bread that add up to that. One slice of average bread is usually around 20 carbs. “Low-carb” pieces (usually tiny square pieces) are around 12 for one. So you’d have the same carbs for a little tiny square sandwich. I prefer more of like a long shoe-sized sandwich thanks.
Turkey Peach Basil Panini with Brie
- 50 grams of a Bolillo roll– or any sandwich roll the bigger and airer the better! my whole roll weighed 93 grams. Carefully, I sliced it into four thin slices horizontally (maybe 3.5 💁🏼) and combined two that came to 50 g. All the panini, half the carbs. 👌🏻
- 90 g favorite turkey or chicken (boars head golden classic chicken is my favorite deli meat
- 25 g of Brie
- 1 slice bacon Costco precooked is a staple in our home. Surprisingly good and so easy. Macros hardly different than turkey bacon so I’m real bacon all the way.
- 25 g thinly sliced peaches
- Ribboned fresh basil
- Handful of arugula
- 15 g thinly sliced red onion
- 15 g 1tbs fat free chipotle “mayo”
- For “mayo”: Mix fat-free sour cream with canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce- chop or blend peppers first…. about a tbs with about ¼ cup sour cream or light mayo- can’t really mess this up. Just DO IT. And leave a container in your fridge and put it on everything like I do.
- Top a piece of the bread with sliced Brie, turkey, bacon, peaches, basil, red onion, and arugula.
- Spread chipotle “mayo” on the other side and place on top.
- Spray each side of sandwich with olive oil spray and cook on medium pressing a little with your spatula till golden and melty and sweet and spicy and crispy and amazing and done.