I’ve been OBSESSED with the Fresno Fig burger ever since we got a Eureka Burger out here a couple of years ago.. this is our knocked off and lightened up version with blue instead of goat. (But goat is so good too… ) the picture doesn’t do it justice, it looks so small (and I’d already snuck a bite) and it’s not all red and juicy looking like beef but I swear its so full of flavor.. and like less than a third the fat at least. It’s even Ross’s favorite and this is a guy who still needs the occasional western bacon cheese burger from Jack in the box in his life. Is that where it’s from Ross?? ……High school. Thats where it’s from. Step aside 90’s burger, Ross has a new fave. ❤️
The macros for mine up there: 38C 17F 28P and 416 calories. For a burger.Print
Fig and Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers With Caramelized Onion
There are so many flavors in this burger!! You would never guess it could be low in fat and overall so macro-friendly.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 5
- 16 oz package of ground turkey (93/7)
- Reduced fat blue cheese (my stater brothers sells it – treasure cave brand)
- Caramelized onion
- Roma tomato
- Fig butter (trader joes)
- Fat Free Chipotle “mayo”
- Brioche buns or favorite buns
- Spray sliced onion with olive oil spray and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until soft and sweet. Oh my gosh don’t skip- caramelized onions make everything so much bettttttttteeeeeer.
- Weigh meat into 3 oz balls*.
- Heat pan, then smash them flat, season with salt, pepper and some garlic powder, and place in hot pan for a few minutes per side. (We prefer a pan instead of the grill since ground turkey can be so soft.)
- Top with blue cheese and cover so it melts a little. It’s not the most melty cheese but if you’re a blue cheese lover, the reduced fat still has all the flay-vuh!!
- Just blend or chop finely, about 3 chipotle peppers with 1-2 tbs adobo sauce (start with less if you’re not into heat) into 1 cup of fat free sour cream (light mayo and greek yogurt work too.) Mix by hand or blend in blender.
For the Burgers
- Spray buns with olive oil spray and toast on a skillet
- Top bottom bun with 2 tbs chipotle mayo, burger, 2 tbs caramelized onion, tomato, a slice of bacon broken in half, and arugula.
- Spread top bun with 1.5 tbs of fig butter and enjoy!
- *This is a good meal for entertaining if you’re a macro counter because you don’t have to weigh your meat or bun later.
- *We’ve learned we really love ground turkey. We still love beef! Especially the good fatty stuff am I right? But we prefer ground turkey for some reason over super lean ground beef over here. I think it’s juicier. But the really lean ground beef (they have it at Traders) is just as lean or leaner maybe than regular ground turkey. And the extra lean ground turkey is gross for burgers—don’t do it. Acceptable for tacos. NOT for burgers.
- *Before macros I was obsessed with chipotle mayo on any burger … so I’ve replaced the mayo with fat free sour cream and I hardly notice the difference! Still adds the cool creaminess and the spicy smoky flavor of the chipotle peppers.
- Serving Size: One decked out burger
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 28