This Creamy Tuna Veggie Lunch Skillet is so easy to make and the perfect lunch for when you want a bowl of something cozy. This skillet is a very loose homage to the classic, comforting tuna casserole of your youth. But with a few more veggies than the original and a few changes, this skillet becomes a meal with killer macros while still being super satisfying.
Unlike other recipes, this skillet is intended for only one person. A little cozy lunch just for you! Of course, you can double or even quadruple it, if you need to feed your entire family.
What You’ll Need for this Creamy Tuna Veggie Lunch Skillet:
- zucchini, chopped (130g)
- red bell pepper, diced (58g)
- green onion, chopped (22 grams)
- cherry tomatoes, halved (60g)
- shredded cabbage (100g; or sub kale, spinach, or extra zucchini)
- Kosher salt
- garlic powder
- albacore tuna, drained (156g)
- Trader Joe’s vegan Tzatziki (30g; or sub sour cream)
- dairy-free sour cream (30g; or sub Greek yogurt)
- parmesan cheese (7g; or sub dairy-free)
To get the perfect chop on my veggies, I love using this chopper. I’m not usually much of a gadget person, but this chopper is so convenient and the little perfectly diced squares are so satisfying. Plus, using the chopper ensures that you get a little bit of everything with each bite–perfection.
How to Make This Creamy Tuna Veggie Lunch Skillet:
Chop up the veggies using your alligator chopper or your favorite sharp knife, then cook them over high heat with seasonings for about 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add the drained albacore tuna and stir well, breaking into chunks. You can use this meat chopper thing to make things easier, but it’s not essential.
Mix in the Tzatziki and sour cream, then add additional salt and pepper to taste. To finish, I enjoy sprinkling some dairy-free feta on top!
If you want more recipes like this one, then don’t forget to join my email list. That way you’ll never miss a recipe.
This Creamy Tuna Veggie Skillet is intended just for one person. The single portion is pretty big and filling, but if you want a little something else on the side, then this would go great with your favorite simple green salad.
This skillet tastes best served warm and would go great with your favorite chips, crackers, or a big chunk of bread on the side. However you enjoy it, it’s sure to be delicious.
If you’re not a big tuna fan, then you could always switch the tuna out for chicken, if you want. It will change the macros a bit, but I’m sure it will be delicious.
You could also try making one of my other comforting, macro-friendly meals like this Quick and Easy Romesco Chicken Salad.
Is this Tuna Skillet GF/DF?
The good news, this Creamy Tuna Veggie Lunch Skillet is gluten and dairy-free. Just make sure to use the dairy-free options I’ve listed in the ingredient list above or your favorite Gluten-free and Dairy-free alternatives.
If you don’t have any go-to dairy-free items you love, you can find mine here.
Similar Recipes You’ll Love:
Creamy Tuna Veggie Lunch Skillet
This Creamy Tuna Veggie Lunch Skillet is the perfect lunch for when you want something comforting, quick, and healthy. It’s a big portion for just one person while still being super macro-friendly. If you want to make it for your whole family doubling or quadrupling it would be so easy, and your family is sure to love it–at least mine does.
Of course, if you make this skillet, make sure to tag me! I love to see what you’re making. For more recipes like this one, you can shop my cookbooks here. They’re full of excellent recipes that are all loaded into My Fitness Pal, Lose It, and Macros First for easy tracking. Enjoy real food while still maintaining your fitness goals.
You can also follow along on Instagram to see what I’m currently eating and enjoying like these Cheese Fried Egg Wraps that I can’t stop eating–so good.
Creamy Tuna Veggie Lunch Skillet (for one)
- 1 zucchini chopped (130g)
- ½ red bell pepper diced (58g)
- 3 Tbsp. green onion chopped (22 grams)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved (60g)
- ½ cup shredded cabbage 100g; or sub kale, spinach, or extra zucchini
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½-1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 can 7 oz. albacore tuna, drained (156g)
- 2 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s vegan Tzatziki 30g; or sub sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. dairy-free sour cream 30g; or sub Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. parmesan cheese 7g; or sub dairy-free
- Cook the veggies over high heat with seasonings for about 3–5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the tuna and stir well, breaking into chunks.
- Mix in the Tzatziki and sour cream.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste. I also added a sprinkle of dairy-free feta on top!