You guys loved this one on Instagram! It’s about time I get it written down. Such an easy, FILLING breakfast (or lunch or dinner… we don’t judge when you eat your eggs.)
All you need are plenty of chopped veggies, herbs, spices, and a little bit of crumbled goat cheese. What? Some of you don’t like goat cheese? FINE. Use your fave! Macros are for goat but it’s easy to swap in something else!
I know that quiche usually gets lumped in with breakfast foods, but personally, if I’m eating it before my workout, it’s got to take under five minutes to make AND eat. And I’ll most likely eat it standing up over the sink. Ha! Judge me. This is a BREEZE to toss together, but it takes about 45 minutes to bake. And it’s HUGE! Which means there’s no way I’m rushing through this while standing over the sink like a cottage cheese topped rice cake. So I call it lunch. Call it whatever you want but save plenty of time to relish in the fact that that the WHOLE thing is for you.
How to Make Garden Veggie Quiche for One
- Cut Da Carb wrap
- Zucchini, chopped small
- Mushrooms, chopped small
- Tomato, chopped small
- Red bell pepper, chopped small
- Green onions, chopped
- Arugula, chopped
- Basil, chopped
- Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage link, chopped small (I get mine at Costco)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Liquid egg whites
- Crumbled goat cheese
Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees.
You’ll then line a baking dish (one that’s preferably slightly smaller than your wrap) with parchment (this is crucial if you want to be able to remove it for easy slicing!) Then place your Cut Da Carb wrap on top of the parchment and press it into the pan. Another tip: make sure the pan is small enough that the edges of the wrap are raised to hold in the egg whites, but not SO raised that the corners get burned. Once you’ve got it looking the way you want it, spray the wrap with a light mist of olive oil spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt.
You can then fill your wrap “crust” with all of your veggies; zucchini, tomato, mushrooms, bell, onions, arugula, and basil. Next up to add is the turkey sausage, but be sure to chop it into little pieces and scatter them all over the veggies to make it stretch. Then sprinkle everything with salt, pepper, and garlic.
Finally, pour liquid egg whites evenly over the veggies and sausage, then sprinkle the top with your goat cheese. Pop it in the oven to bake for 45 minutes, then let it sit for five minutes before carefully removing the whole thing by lifting the parchment out onto a platter or cutting board. Garnish with extra basil and dig in!
Feel free to use your best option for the crust! Macros will change of course, but a lavash bread would be similar in shape and size. Joseph’s or Atorias lavash will be closest in macros. You can also use liquid egg substitute for the same macros. I bought it by accident so mine is yellow!
Cooking for one should be just as tasty and can still be macro friendly! Here are a few of my favorite single serving dishes,
Garden Veggie Quiche for One
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- 1 Cut Da Carb wrap* (only available on their website- WORTH IT)
- ½ a zucchini chopped small (75 g)
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped small (75 g)
- 1 to mato chopped small (85 g)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped small (50 g)
- 2 green onions chopped (20 g)
- ½ cup arugula chopped (20 g)
- 2 Tbsp basil chopped (5 g)
- 1 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage chopped small (23 g)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ -½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ⅓ cup liquid egg whites 315 g**
- 2 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese 14 g
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Line a baking dish (one that’s preferably slightly smaller than your wrap) with parchment (this is crucial if you want to be able to remove it for easy slicing!) Place your Cut Da Carb wrap on top of the parchment and press it into the pan. Make sure the pan is small enough that the edges of the wrap are raised to hold in the egg whites. Spray the wrap with a light mist of olive oil spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt.
- Fill your wrap “crust” with all of your veggies; zucchini, tomato, mushrooms, bell, onions, arugula, and basil. Make sure you chop your turkey sausage link into little pieces and scatter them all over the veggies. Sprinkle everything with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Pour liquid egg whites evenly over the veggies and sausage, then sprinkle the top with goat cheese. Bake for 45 minutes. Let sit for five minutes and then carefully remove the whole thing by lifting the parchment out onto a platter or cutting board. Garnish with extra basil!