There are so many categories of food… healthy food, indulgent food, etc. But, I’m all about making healthy food delicious. To me, food that is good for you should be packed with flavor. So I mix the food categories together most of the time. Except when it comes to indulging in my favorite sweets. It’s all about balance. This healthy tuna salad recipe is one of my new favorites because it’s good for you while having a ton of yummy ingredients.
What You’ll Need for Healthy Tuna Salad:
- Albacore white chunk, water-packed tuna, drained
- So Delicious dairy-free plain coconut yogurt or nonfat Greek
- Yellow mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Dill pickles, chopped
- Celery, chopped
- Bell peppers, chopped (red, orange, or yellow for sweetness)
- Red onion, chopped
- Chives or green onions, minced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or dill, chopped
How to Make Healthy Tuna Salad:
This healthy tuna salad recipe is full of all my fresh favorites. I’m talking fresh herbs. Red onion. Celery. An assortment of bell peppers. All brought together with a splash of vinegar and a scoop of yogurt. Seriously YUM!
Combine 3 drained 6-oz. cans albacore white chunk (water-packed tuna is the healthiest option), So Delicious dairy-free plain coconut yogurt (or nonfat Greek yogurt), yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, chopped dill pickles, chopped celery, chopped bell peppers, chopped red onion, minced chives or green onions, Kosher salt, pepper, and freshly chopped parsley or dill in a large bowl.
When it comes to peppers, I like using a variety of red, orange, and yellow peppers for a touch of sweetness. I also LOVE chives in this healthy tuna salad recipe, but fresh parsley or dill would also be great! Add all or just one—it’s all good!
Never miss a recipe! Sign up for my emails!
If your healthy tuna salad is drier than you like, simply add a little more yogurt, a splash of vinegar, or a squeeze of lemon. If you want a richer, more traditional tuna salad, feel free to use your favorite mayo in place of the So Delicious dairy-free plain coconut yogurt or non-fat Greek yogurt.
Is this healthy tuna salad recipe gluten-free and/or dairy-free?
I love that this healthy tuna salad recipe is naturally gluten-free. Just serve it up with your favorite gluten-free crackers or on your favorite gluten-free bread and you are set! This recipe is also written up to be dairy-free. Just make sure you use dairy-free yogurt. My favorite is So Delicious dairy-free plain coconut yogurt.
Serve this healthy tuna salad recipe up as a main course over a fresh bed of greens or on top of your favorite toasty bread. It would also make a yummy side that can be scooped up with your favorite crackers or chips. Either way you decide to eat the tuna salad, you’ll love how fresh and delicious it is.
Healthy Tuna Salad Recipe
This healthy tuna salad recipe has become one of our favorites. It’s simple and easy to make, good for you, and delicious. The perfect trifecta! If you liked this recipe, you should check out my macro-friendly cookbooks. They are full of easy recipes that make healthy eating doable and enjoyable. I also share new products and recipes I’m trying on Instagram and TikTok so make sure you are hanging out with me!
Healthy Tuna Salad
- 3 6oz cans albacore white chunk, water-packed tuna, drained (420 g)
- 1/2 cup So Delicious dairy-free plain coconut yogurt or nonfat Greek yogurt (120 g)
- 2 Tbsp Yellow mustard (30 g)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (30 g)
- 2 cups Dill pickles, chopped (300 g)
- 1 cup Celery, chopped (150 g)
- 1/2 cup Bell peppers, chopped (75 g; red, orange, or yellow for sweetness)
- 1/2 cup Red onion, chopped (75 g)
- 1/4 cup Chives or green onions, minced (15 g)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley or dill, chopped (15 g)
- Combine everything in a large bowl. If your salad is drier than you like, simply add a little more yogurt, a splash of vinegar, or a squeeze of lemon.