I love lunch to be healthy and veggie-packed, but EASY– since it’s lunch, and surrounded by to-do lists. This recipe for macro-friendly buffalo tuna has been a new favorite for me! I know that tuna can be polarizing, but this is so fresh and delicious, and such an easy way to get lots of protein. If you hate tuna, you could always substitute chicken and it would still be tasty!
How to Make Macro-Friendly Buffalo Tuna:
I find it’s easiest to gather up all of my ingredients first before I get cooking. You’ll want to grab a 6oz can of Albacore tuna, Trader Joe’s vegan tzatziki , white balsamic vinegar, grainy mustard, bell pepper, red onion, Frank’s Redhot sauce, and salt and pepper for finishing it off. I also love to add in a pinch of fresh parsley and squeeze of lemon. I love this Trader Joe’s vegan tzatziki as a dairy-free option. But, of course, you can just use mayo, Greek yogurt, ranch dressing…whatever moisture-maker you choose. This tzatziki contributes about 4.5 fat and 2.5 carbs to the recipe if you want to sub in something else!
It’s time to get chop chop chopping our bell peppers and red onion. For something small like this, I’m always just gonna chop by hand, but if I were doing a huge batch, I love using my Alligator Chopper. There are just some days and recipes where this kitchen tool makes everything faster and easier.
Now just combine all of the ingredients in your favorite mixing/salad bowl and enjoy! If it’s not moist enough for you, add a little more vinegar for very “few macros” or of course more tzatziki or whatever you like!
What You’ll Need to Make Macro-Friendly Buffalo Tuna:
- Albacore tuna
- Trader Joe’s vegan tzatziki
- White balsamic vinegar (I used Baker and Olive Lemon infused)
- Grainy mustard
- Bell pepper, diced
- Red onion, diced
- Frank’s RedHot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley and squeeze of lemon (optional)
How to serve your buffalo tuna:
Eat your macro-friendly buffalo tuna in a sandwich or crunch wrap, or piled on crackers, chips, rice cakes, however you like! I love mine on toasted gluten-free bagel thins with avocado, some sprouts or arugula, and an extra drizzle of buffalo.
I usually eat the whole recipe, but we’ll say it serves two haha. I’ve calculated it per gram so you can have whatever portion you’d like. You can also double or triple for meal prep, and just pull out however much you’d like for a snack or meal and still log if you’re into that.
- Skinny Buffalo Turkey Meatball Subs
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Low Carb Greek Crunch Wrap
- Quick and Easy Pickle Chicken Salad
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Grain Salad
I hope you love this macro-friendly buffalo tuna as much as I do. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram when you try it! I love seeing what everyone’s making.
Macro-Friendly Buffalo Tuna
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- 1 6-oz can Albacore tuna (140 g drained)
- 2 tbsp *Trader Joe’s Vegan Tzatziki (30 g)
- 1 tbsp White balsamic vinegar (15 g)
- 2 tbsp Grainy mustard (15 g)
- 2 tbsp Bell pepper, diced (25 g)
- 2 tbsp Red onion, diced (25 g)
- 2 tbsp Frank's RedHot sauce (30 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of fresh parsley and squeeze of lemon (optional)
- Combine it all.
- Eat in a sandwich or crunch wrap, or piled on crackers, chips, rice cakes, however you like! I love mine on toasted gluten-free bagel things with avocado, some sprouts or arugula, and an extra drizzle of buffalo.