This Quick Mexican Chicken Salad comes together so fast, which makes it great for an easy lunch or even mid-afternoon snack. It’s high in protein and packed with veggies (which of course means it’s great for your macros), so you can feel good eating it any time of the day!
You know I almost never skip a crunch-wrap lunch, but sometimes I come in from my workout desperate for a really quick snack to hold me over until lunch. Or sometimes a couple hours after lunch… I want a second lunch. THIS is why I love something prepped and tasty waiting in my fridge, like this quick Mexican Chicken Salad. Quick to throw together, but even quicker to pull out and throw on a rice cake or (my favorite) corn thin (or four) for a fresh, savory snack.
How to Make Quick Mexican Chicken Salad
The hardest part of this recipe is chopping up all the chicken and veggies. But I promise it really won’t take that long. Turn on some music or your favorite podcast and just get it done. Here’s the chopping list:
- Rotisserie or grilled chicken (This bulk apple cider dijon grilled chicken would be great to use in this salad.)
- Cucumber (or you could sub celery if that’s what you have on hand, or use both)
- Red bell pepper (feel free to use any color! I just don’t prefer green since they’re less sweet.)
- Green onions
Chop everything to be about the same size. You can also shred your chicken if you prefer. If you’re into meal prepping, you could even dice everything beforehand and keep it in a container in the fridge until you’re ready to eat it. Then you REALLY have no excuse not to have an easy, macro-friendly REAL FOOD snack or lunch later in the week.
If you’re going to enjoy this Quick Mexican Chicken Salad right away, then toss all the diced chicken and vegetables together in a large bowl and mix in the following:
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
- Cracked black pepper
- Garlic powder
Combine everything really well. If you have some self control and you’re not just eating this straight out of the bowl, then try putting this Mexican Chicken Salad on top of crackers for a quick snack. If you want to eat this for lunch, it’s great piled high on a rice cake, toast (if you want to indulge in your macros just a little, this is to DIE FOR toasted up on my Honey Whole Wheat Bread), or jicama “tortillas” (thin sliced jicama).
I also love adding pickled jalapeño, and I’ve been known to throw in extra avocado and cilantro. This Quick Mexican Chicken Salad is packed with protein, which will help you feel full for longer, but it also has tons of fresh veggies. The veggies bulk up the salad while also keeping it light and great for your macros.
I love mine on a corn thin or rice cake, or homemade chips made from Cut Da Carb wraps. My family loves it with wheat thins or tortilla chips. It’s also great on a piece of toast, or wrapped in lettuce, or thinly sliced jicama. ORRRRR keep it simple and grab a fork.
If you love a more green salad, here are a few of my favorites!
- Light Mexican Caesar Salad
- Rainbow Veggie, Peach, and Basil Chopped Salad
- Summer Chopped Salad with Light Champagne Basil Vinaigrette
More Chicken Salad Recipes
If you want more easy salads with chicken, try one of these other recipes:
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram @lillieeatsandtells! I’d love to see the creative ways you guys decide to serve this Quick Mexican Chicken Salad!
Quick Mexican Chicken Salad
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- 10 oz. cooked rotisserie (or grilled) chicken breast (286 g)
- 2 cups cucumber, diced optional, substitute celery, (227 g)
- 1 ½ cups red bell pepper, diced (172 g)
- 1 cup radish, diced (80 g)
- 5 green onions, chopped (40 g)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (25 g)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (20 g)
- ½ avocado, diced (70 g)
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese (119 g)
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt (60 g)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (30 g)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- Chop or shred your chicken and add it to a large bowl.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and combine well!
- Enjoy on crackers, rice cakes, toast, jicama “tortillas.” Get creative!