I remember when salads were my low carb option… before I decided they were all meant to be dumped on top of a warm soft pita. Worth it!
The nutrition facts below are for my bowl but it’s easy to customize to fit your macros. I like a big dinner. So I plan for it. And I love meals I can build for easy adjustments to my fat, carbs, and protein. Eat less pita, less cheese, more chicken… it can be whatever you want. But I hope you take down the whole thing like me. I really like to bond over a big meal- no pressure.
I made it pretty for you above. But this is what it really looks like when I go to eat it. ha.
Quick and Easy Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad
- Tyson Breaded Chicken Breast Tenderloins you buy them uncooked from Costco.. so easy and good and decent macros—I never would have bought them but our best bites fit club posted about them and they’re so good and such a hit for the whole family!
- Lettuce I love butter lettuce! But romain works too.
- Hard boiled egg
- Red Onion
- Roma tomatoes
- Reduced Fat Blue Cheese
- 1 pita greek papa pita- sold at our Costco and Ralphs –so soft and good!
- Bolthouse ranch or their blue cheese or honey mustard dressing would be good.
- Keep everything deconstructed so your family can build them as they like.
For my exact nutrition facts (macros):
- Toss together 2 cups of lettuce, 20 g red onion, 1 slice crumbled bacon, 15 g avocado, 6 g craisins, 1 chopped hard-boiled egg, 7 g reduced fat blue cheese, 40 g cherry tomatoes, 120 g Tyson Panko breaded chicken breast tenderloins (1 portion), and 2 tbs Bolthouse Ranch.
- Warm up your pita in a pan, cut into four wedges with a pizza cutter and top with salad. I like to eat the salad on the wedges like a pizza/salad. Pretty much I could eat some version of pizza salad every day for the rest of my life.