This Spicy turkey and arugula crunch wrap with honey mustard– we meet every day around 1:30. Like a date.
(This first photo is an updated version.. read italics in the recipe below to see what’s hiding in there!)
I keep waiting to get sick of this– but some things are meant to stay! And I’ve been eating it forever, but haven’t actually blogged it because I thought it was too similar to these turkey pepper jack paninis. But I’ve decided I don’t care! It needs it’s place to shine.
And if I’m gonna keep bugging everyone on instagram to go make it… I’d better have a spot for easy referencing with every last detail.
I do it for YOU.
When I first starting tracking my macros, I steered away from bread for a bit. THEN I discovered I could still fit it if I wanted it. And I did! And do! But THEN I discovered these Cut Da Carb wraps and they just happen to be 14 carbs and almost nothing else for the WHOLE GIANT THING. (This post is not sponsored, I don’t even know how to do that yet… just obsessed with these– and because of that, they did offer me a discount to offer my readers, so use “lillie10” for 10% off a 24 pack. Freeze your extras!)
The thing is, there’s just so many places I’d love to spend my carbs… so if I find something I love that also doesn’t use them up— THAT IS A WIN. And this crunch wrap is a win… all toasty and crispy and crunchy and wrappy. I could eat it every day. SO — I do.
Also can I just say how much faster lunch-making is when I’m in a pattern of eating the same thing every day? No decision making. No guess work. The logging and tracking is a no brainer if you’re into that. SO nice. And you know what a success it is when you find something you love, that’s healthy, AND filling?? You gotta go with that. That’s what this is for me!
Although sometimes I do get creative and put other fancy stuff in there like leftover Greek stuff from pitas or leftover Mexican stuff from our favorite carnitas tacos…. or of course yummy blistered tomatoes and light basil mayo like this one.
And while I still am and forever will be obsessed with my favorite big classic turkey sub, for some reason when it comes to this wrap, I don’t need a hundred toppings. Which makes it so easy! I just like it EXACTLY like this. Every single time. Maybe I have a problem– do you think I have a problem? I probably have a problem.
Anyway — like this:
- Spread the wrap with the laughing cow wedge in sort of a circle in the middle
- Then a layer of chipotle cream- building on that circle
- Then turkey, sliced tomatoes, and red onions– seasoned with bagel seasoning and s/p of course then topped with a drizzle of honey mustard
- Add a handful of arugula and wrap it up! I start at a corner and go around at 5 points careful to not leave a short side for last. Holding it all in place like you’re wrapping an awkward shaped gift. Which is pretty much exactly what it is.
- Then I carefully get that baby (even if it’s breaking!) to a hot and sprayed pan to create the magic.
It’s so easy. Once you’ve done it, and know to believe it can survive the transfer into the pan without becoming a lunch hash. I believe in you. And you can go pin it for later right here!
(I first saw Quincey from I Heart Macros making a “crunch wrap” with egg white in her Joseph’s lavash bread like a year ago- thanks for the inspiration Quincey!)Print
Spicy turkey and arugula crunch wrap with honey mustard
I literally eat this one every single day when I’m watching my carbs! So quick, SO TASTY (I LOVE IT!), but probably the lightest thing I can come up with for lunch… and yet it’s big and filling! I should call it the magic wrap.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Wrap
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: California
- 1 Cut da carb wrap or other low carb wrap (Joseph’s lavash is great and available at most Walmarts)
- 1 wedge Pepper Jack laughing cow cheese
- 15 g super quick homemade chipotle cream
- 100 g your favorite sweeter deli turkey (I love Boars Head and Columbus honey maple turkey (or some name variation close to that.) (If I’m using up too much protein, 80 grams is great.)
- 60 g sliced roma tomatoes (*updating to add that currently I want 100 grams of firm tomatoes sliced thick!)
- 10–20 g sliced red onion (I like a lot!) (*updating to add, I always use pickled onion that I keep in constant supply in my fridge!)
- Salt, pepper, and Everything bagel seasoning
- 4 g honey mustard (just sold in the condiments by mustard… not spicy mustard or dijon- I use French’s brand.)
- Handful of arugula
- My nutrition facts stop there– but feel free to get creative! I love to stuff in fresh peaches and basil after I cut it in half. (*Updating to say that I ALWAYS now add 40 g thinly sliced pear, 20 grams dice mini sweet bell peppers, and 20 g avocado. SOMETIMES some thinly sliced cucumbers. If it’s not busting at the seams, I know I’ve missed something. Ha. In addition with the pickled onion… I can’t beat this combo! It’s my ABSOLUTE fave.)
- If counting macros, place your plate with a wrap on the scale and zero it out. In the center forming a circle, spread laughing cow, zero out the scale and add your 15 g of chipotle cream. Top with HALF of the turkey, tomatoes, onion, a sprinkle of each seasoning, honey mustard, any other veggies you add, and arugula, zeroing and weighing after each addition. NOW add the second half of the turkey. This will keep your arugula from getting wilty. I can’t vouch for normal lettuce… I REALLY love how arugula works in here. Ok fine and everywhere.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat and move your plate right next to it for the easiest transfer! After it’s heated, spray with cooking spray. Your hands will be too busy in a minute!
- Carefully wrap up, from five points on the wrap. I start by folding the bottom right corner to the middle, then bottom left, then the left side followed by the right side, like you’re swaddling a baby. HA! Careful to secure the filling in place.. then top left corner then right. I’ve got a video on my Instagram highlights if needed!
- Transfer wrap carefully, seam side down, to the hot, sprayed pan. Let it brown and seal up for 1-2 minutes. Spray the top and sprinkle with salt and then flip and brown the other side. I like to cook it just long enough to brown and crisp the outside, but my filling is still cool and crisp!
- Now cut in half and enjoy!
*Sometimes mine tears but it always works out! I just baby it and do what it takes to get it to the hot SPRAYED pan to seal up the folded side…. then flipping it is easy and it always holds together enough to cut in half and it’s amazing! There might be a little chipotle cream running down my forearms, but saving all those carbs is worth a few cracks for me.
If you count your macros, you can search My Fitness Pal for “Lillie Eats and Tells Spicy Turkey Arugula crunch wrap. I’ve included a listing with the wrap and one without the wrap. That way you’ll have the option to log the filling, but log your own wrap if you don’t have this specialty item of course. Obviously you can always log everything individually as well. Or you can just make it and eat it because it’s light and delicious. xo
- Serving Size: 1 crunch wrap
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 3.3
- Carbohydrates: 29.8
- Protein: 31.6
Keywords: Wrap, cut da carb, low carb, lunch, sandwich, chipotle cream, turkey, pepper jack, arugula, tomatoes, red onion