There are just some recipes that are so simple, you hardly need a recipe. But you don’t want to mess it up, so you still like a recipe. Ha. Am I right?
This Coconut Cilantro Sticky Cauliflower Rice is super simple, but the little details are what make this SO MUCH MORE than just your basic crumbly cauliflower rice. It’s a perfect low-carb side for any protein (chicken, flank steak, pork loin, shrimp, you name it!)
Cauliflower can be hard on some of our bellies. I just try not to eat a huge portion if I’m worried about digestive problems! But this one was hard to resist. SO light and SO good! It pairs nicely with roasted or grilled veggies, so mix those in if you want to bulk up the meal without heaping scoops of cauliflower rice. But the macros can’t be beat, so if your belly doesn’t mind, load up your bowl!
How to Make Coconut Cilantro Sticky Cauliflower Rice
- Bagged frozen cauliflower rice (680 g)* (of course you can use fresh, I just love frozen for ease!)
- Kosher salt
- Garlic, minced (or frozen cubes)
- Canned lite coconut milk (160 g)**
- Non-fat Greek yogurt (114 g)
- Cilantro, minced (50 g)
- Lime, juiced (20 g)
Start by cooking up your cauliflower rice. You’ll need to heat a large skillet over medium, high heat. Give it a spray of avocado oil spray and then add your cauliflower rice plus salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring pretty frequently. I like to cover it for the first 5 minutes or so, and then off and on after that to help it soften faster. Cook until it’s nice and tender. (Note: it may take longer than 15 minutes! Be patient, it’s worth it!)
When your cauliflower is nice and soft, add the garlic, and coconut milk and cook for 1-2 more minutes stirring well. You can then turn off the heat and add the Greek yogurt and get it stirred in well. Then the best part, mix in LOTS of cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime! Add additional salt and pepper to taste if you’d like, and enjoy!
This side pairs so nicely with so many of my recipes! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @lillieeatsandtells, too! I always share my new favorite ways to pair and enjoy my recipes. As for now, this coconut cilantro sticky cauliflower rice is perfect with any of these recipes:
A few of my other favorite staple side dishes? So glad you asked!
These aren’t really a “side” — but they too, go with ALL THE THINGS: Super Quick Pickled Onions – Lillie Eats and Tells
Are you already following me on Instagram? (@lillieeatsandtells) I’m always sharing my favorite recipes, both old and new, there! I also wrote a cook book that is full of taste tested approved macro friendly delicious recipes! You can check it out here!
Coconut Cilantro Sticky Cauliflower Rice
- 24 oz of bagged frozen cauliflower rice 680 g*
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic minced (or frozen cubes)
- ⅔ cup canned lite coconut milk 160 g**
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt 114 g
- 1 cup cilantro minced (50 g)
- Half a lime juiced (20 g)
- To make the cauliflower rice, heat a large skillet over medium, high heat. Spray with avocado oil spray and add your cauliflower rice, salt and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring often. I like to cover it for the first 5 minutes or so, and then off and on after that to help it soften faster. Cook until it’s nice and tender. It may take longer than 15 minutes.
- When your cauliflower is nice and soft, add the garlic, and coconut milk and cook for 1-2 more minutes stirring well. Turn off the heat and add the Greek yogurt, combining well. Stir in LOTS of cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.