This Greek turkey burger was the easiest, most delicious, spontaneous dinner ever.
You’re probably thinking there are a bunch of Greek spices mixed into the meat but YOU GUYS. I have feelings about that. I just don’t always think it’s necessary! Sometimes I feel like we think we have to make recipes hard to make them good. But it’s the simplest things that taste the BEST. Sometimes. Don’t send me hate-mail full of exceptions, I’ve got a one-track mind for this five minute turkey burger right now just go with it.
Also I’ve never received hate-mail. I’m being so dramatic.
So the truth is, this time, we had leftover patties from our usual, staple, FAVORITE BURGERS. Which is why it took me five minutes. So it might take you fifteen. I don’t know I hate that I’m supposed to come up with those minutes, who really knows how fast you chop your cucumbers??
How we prepare our turkey burgers
Ok but we’re basic over here and always prepare our burgers the same way. Ground turkey, smashed thin, sprinkled with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cooked hot on a flat-top or pan. It just takes a few minutes per side and is so simple and so good!
And you can save some for later! And then have a five minute gourmet burger like me. You’d never even know it was leftover, tucked in there with all these goodies. Just give it the TINIEST visit to the microwave, like 15 seconds. And then 15 more if needed, it’s the overheating that brings out that flavor we all squirm at.
Anyway trust me. Feel free to warm in a pan but same thing applies, just don’t go crazy! Then tuck it in a fresh toasty bun with hummus and tzatziki and all the fresh, zesty veggies and YOU’RE WELCOME.
Greek Turkey Burger
- If you track macros, the amount of each item meant for ONE BURGER for the macros below will be in parentheses to the right.
- Brioche buns- or favorite buns 1
- 16 oz package of 93/7 ground turkey 4 oz raw
- Fat-free feta I get mine at Trader Joe’s (20 g)
- Hummus I like Hope brand and always look for one around 2.5 fat rather than 5 (15 g)
- 1 cucumber sliced thin (40 g)
- 1 bell pepper chopped (20 g)
- Pickled onion 15 g
- Roma tomato sliced (90 g)
- Pepperoncinis 20 g
- Fresh mint!
- Tzatziki I love the one from Trader Joe’s- but I’ve got a homemade version here. (15 g)
- Crunchy lettuce like butter iceberg, or romaine.
- Weigh meat into 4 oz balls
- Heat pan, then smash them flat, season with salt, pepper and some garlic powder, and place in hot pan for a few minutes per side. (We prefer a pan instead of the grill since ground turkey can be so soft.)
- Top with 20 g fat free feta and cover so it melts a little. It won’t melt much with not fat in it, but it’ll soften a bit.
- Spray buns with a little cooking spray and toast in a pan ’til golden brown. Top with 1 tbs hummus, your patty, 90 g sliced tomato, 15 g pickled onion, 20 g pepperoncinis, 40 g sliced cucumber, 20 g diced bell pepper, a few leaves of fresh mint (I love what this adds!) and some lettuce.
- Spread top bun with 1 tbs tzatziki and cap it!
Tried this recipe?
Tag @LillieEatsAndTells on Instagram with #LillieEatsandTells! We’d love to see your creations!
Delicious! Been eating them for a couple of days…that mint is perfection!
I can NOT tell you enough how much I LOVED this recipe! I subbed this out for a black bean burger and it was seriously AMAZING!!!
Delicious! Does your calorie count include the roll?