Editing this post realizing I never wrote a word. I think I was probably in the middle of this bowl of goodness and felt compelled to share but didn’t have a minute to chat. Anyway here you have it… the dessert I eat almost every night. A warm gooey chocolate brownie/cake/muffin thing… with my favorite flavors of halo top, fat free whipped, some hot fudge or cocoa bar in a jar, mini chips and anything else I can fit! I’ll let you know if I ever get sick of it but I’m feeling like we might be together forever.
And I know I can’t call this a recipe since it’s all things you buy and put in a bowl. But whatever it is. It’s here to make your nights better… even when you’re counting macros!
Double Chocolate Flap Jacked Mighty muffin Yogurt bowl
It’s not that it’s super light once you fill it the rim like me. So feel free to divide your muffin powder in half and build a smaller sundae! I do that when I haven’t saved the room. But usually…. I save the room.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 1
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1
FOR THE MUFFIN
- *1 double chocolate mighty muffin by Flapjacked (amazon, GNC, and sometimes walmart!)
- 2-3 packets of stevia or you can use 2-3 droppers of liquid stevia
- 100 g peanut butter cup halo top
- 100 g red velvet halo top
- 15 g fat free whipped cream
- 5 g homemade hot fudge (Trader Joes Hot Fudge has slightly better macros but I like a quick homemade)… ok editing because now I use cocoa bar in a jar for fewer macros and I’m OBSESSED! It hardens like magic shell…
- 3 g Mini chocolate chips
*Other toppings I use all the time: berries, slivered toasted almonds, toffee, peanut butter, pb2, granola… this is where I play with any macros I MIGHT have left. You’d be surprised how 5 or 10 grams of something so yummy and indulgent (toffee?!) can add so much for just couple of macros! And more is always better for me when it comes to toppings….
And most things.
FOR THE 2 MINUTE HOT FUDGE
*2- MINUTE HOMEMADE HOT FUDGE if you still want it!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- (I used to do ¼ cup butter but since macros, I’ve cut it and it’s still great!)
FOR THE MUFFIN: The directions say to do ¼ cup water and I’m sure they’re meant to be cooked all the way through and dumped out to look like a muffin. But I’ve never been into cake and ice-cream. If you’re more of a cakey over fudgey brownie person (I don’t get you but), maybe do that. But I am team-fudgey and THIS IS HOW I DO MINE.
- Add 1/3 cup water plus stevia, mix and and microwave it for 42 seconds (every microwave is different of course so err under). I like to see a wet spot on top still, then wait a minute, then dump it into my bowl. I want it to be a little wet and a little runny still. If it’s too runny… no big deal! I scoop the top into my bowl and throw the rest left in the cup back in for 10 seconds. Or even microwave it a little more in the bowl. It kind of sets up in the bowl and even if it’s pretty wet, it firms up under the ice-cream and is like the gooiest brownie. It’s legit. SO GOOD.
FOR THE HOT FUDGE
- Stir ingredients together and microwave for a minute in a glass bowl. Give it a good stir till it’s all melty! If it needs more, use 30 second increments. I store it in a mason jar in the fridge and scoop out a spoonful to microwave in a different dish for 12 seconds or so each night. If you heat it too long it’s ruined and I’ve ruined too many whole jars sooooo…. Lots of dirtying little ramekins instead…. .
* For a little 5 gram drizzle it’s less than 1 fat and a little over 3 carbs. Welcome back hot fudge. The cocoa bar comes to like 1f 2c. So not so different when you just have a bit, but healthier ingredients and I love that it hardens so…. you do you.
- It’s true that Dreyers Slow churned has macros that are pretty close to halo top so you can save a lot of money that route. But honestly… when you’re determined to eat close to if not 3 servings like I usually do, sometimes I really want the VERY lowest carbs. And choosing a halo flavor with 12-14 per serving vs a slow churned with like 18 (unless you want vanilla or coffee- which are great and only 15!) can save me up to like 18 carbs in my bowl! So we eat and love both, but full disclosure I do spend too much money in halo for sure. I really need a throw-your-hands-in-the-air emoji right about now.)
- Too big for you? Weight out half of the powder and mix with half the water in a bowl or mug to have half the chocolate muffin with less ice-cream.
- Serving Size: This bowl of goodness
- Calories: 511
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 66
- Protein: 37