So I thought I’d never see the day where I’d let my LEGIT nightly ice-cream sundae go. And I haven’t. Not REALLY. But I do feel like I have a confession since I went almost a week with something new filling my much anticipated dessert/couch/netflix/hubby time.
I got this new Chocolate Mint Protein Powder and tried it one afternoon as a shake and was like… I think this might be good enough for dessert!! Let’s see…
So I took off my usual place-holder of 200+ grams of halo top with a flapjacked chocolate mighty muffin, or with bananas, hot fudge, and nuts…or with oatmeal, peaches, and granola… I’ve got a sort of rotation going on you see…. I don’t mess around.
So I logged this beauty instead. Well that’s only partially true… I was also adding a full mighty muffin to it. ha. I wanted to make sure it did NOT disappoint. Dessert is too important to me. I’ve waited all day after all.
OK at first I was FLOORED because it opened up so many carbs!! My mind was blown trying to ADD them to my dinner. Or having a bunch of pre-dessert popcorn … it was amazing. But then I found I had to watch my protein so closely during the day in order to save that much for dessert since with the powder and the mighty muffin it cost me like 42 grams. And I like my proteins! I never struggle to hit it. So here I was eating tacos with mostly pico and sandwiches with sad baby stacks of turkey during the day… and then looking for ways to add in carbs after dinner… huh.
Sooooo I’ve gone back to the real deal. BUT have decided this makes the perfect sweet afternoon treat for me. And then it doesn’t have to be so massive to be worth eating. Because in the afternoon it’s like I’m still a normal person and not a burley mountain man.
I ESPECIALLY love it with some real peanut butter drizzled on, but didn’t have room for the fat so this time I stirred a little PB Fit into Walden Farms calorie free caramel syrup (I actually love this stuff- don’t hate me. I also drink diet coke. Let’s just put it all on the table.)
Healthy Chocolate Mint Protein “Ice Cream” Sundae
- 1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk DIVIDED
- 1 scoop Ideal Lean Mint Chocolate Protein Powder (or your favorite chocolate protein powder… but this one’s good.
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs PB Fit or PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 50 grams frozen riced cauliflower I use Birds Eye from you average grocery store frozen veggie section- can’t taste a thing, just adds more (frozen) volume.
- 2 droppers of liquid stevia I have vanilla flavored and love it.
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum small packs at Walmart like yeast.. larger bag on amazon helps make it thick and creamy.
- Ice if yours isn’t thick enough
- 4 tbs fat free whipped cream
- Sprinkle of mini chocolate chips 3 grams
- Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Granola 10 grams
- I like to weigh 200 grams of almond milk into little baggies and freeze ahead of time. (A better idea would be to freeze in ice cube trays! But I’ve yet to get some.)
- Add frozen almond milk (thaw for 20 seconds if you think your blender won’t handle it that solid), 40 grams of unfrozen almond milk, and the next 6 ingredients until smooth. I have to help it along with that stirring thing that comes with the Blendtec. For the life of me I can’t think of a name for that.
- If for some reason yours isn’t thick enough, add a little ice.
- Pour in jar or bowl and top with whipped cream, chocolate chips, and granola… Later I added some Waldenfarms Caramel syrup with some more PB Fit stirred in.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @LillieEatsAndTells on Instagram with #LillieEatsandTells! We’d love to see your creations!
What are the macros for the protein powder you use. I will most likely sub out my own favorite protein so Im just curious how they two will compare. Thanks!!
Wow! I can’t wait to try this! I love that your recipes are printable! I am so old fashioned and still love paper recipes!
Of course I’m doing it for you sis. xo