Do you do Cheesecake Factory? It’s the mecca of girls’ nights out in my world, and I pretty much order the Skinnylicious Factory Chopped salad almost every time. Guys, I can’t quit it.
So some people like to knock the Cheesecake Factory because it’s got TOO big of a menu, it can’t possibly be good at any of it. And I know it’s a chain, and chains aren’t cool. But I’m a fan! I think they do a pretty solid job on most dishes. And they just happen to offer like ninety seven of them. And no this isn’t sponsored… but it’s sounding like it so let’s move on.
It’s really so simple. Like the first time I got it, I was totally disappointed because I’m more of a dark green kind of girl… and I want ALL THE THINGS. This looked kind of simple and pale and then a few bites in I was HOOKED. So fresh and crunchy… and if you’re a blue cheese lover, the combo of that strong pungent cheese and creamy avocado, with the sweet apples and corn, salty bacon, and vinaigrette– it’s perfect.
And one of the best parts? LIGHT. Even at the Cheesecake Factory it’s light! So I knew it’d be an easy one to keep macro-friendly at home. And this way I get to decide where I’d like my calories to go, more avocado? More cheese? More toppings on my nightly shake?
Oh and per usual, it scores high for my TSE (Time spent eating) which you know is imperative for me. I’m always gonna be a fan of food I can eat out of a giant bowl for a A WHILE.
Copy Cat Factory Chopped Salad
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- 2 cups romaine chopped small
- 1 slice precooked bacon crumbled
- 1/2 oz 15 g reduced fat blue cheese (I buy the Treasure Cave brand.)
- 1 oz 28 g avocado, diced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes halved (70 g)
- 1/4 cup 30 g apples, diced
- Small handful of corn 30 g
- 3.5 oz 100 g grilled chicken (like this favorite we like to prep for the week) for lots of other meals in the Lillie Eats and Tells Cookbook.
- Fresh basil chopped
- Fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- 1.5 tbs of your favorite sweet vinegar I’m OBSESSED with this peach one. I buy mine at a local shop but you can find it here on amazon. Or you can whisk a little honey into a champaign or white balsamic vinegar.
- Just toss it all together and enjoy!