I love a cobb. I OBVIOUSLY love chipotle peppers– as evidenced by the fact that I use this chipotle cream on like 90 percent of my meals. This Chipotle Grilled Chicken and Mango Cobb is a perfect, EASY summer night salad! If you keep this delicious and SUPER LIGHT cilantro lime ranch on hand like me, all you really need to do is grill some chicken and chop for a few minutes while it cooks!
If you don’t have your dressing on hand. Go ahead and blend some up real quick. We’ll wait.
So I’m kind of cheating with this recipe because I had started with the intention of grilling up some cilantro grilled chicken with the sweet chili glaze. Which is amazing. That glaze is everything. BUT— I switched gears at the last minute and wanted this Mexican-ish salad, so I just sprinkled on some chipotle powder before grilling and skipped the glaze. Voila. Now it’s cilantro CHIPOTLE chicken.
Ok and I know blue cheese is a polarizing one. But man do I love blue cheese. And I almost love it more in unexpected meals like this salad, or this grilled chicken and veggie rainbow bowl (one of my all time FAVORITES). I am, however learning to accept that not everyone will love EXACTLY what I love… sooooo…. throw in some cotija or feta .. even jack or cheddar instead and it’ll be delicious!
Chipotle Grilled Chicken and Mango Cobb
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- 2 cups chopped romain or butter lettuce
- 100 g chipotle grilled chicken All I did was use this cilantro grilled chicken recipe, only I skipped the sweet chili glaze and added a good sprinkling of dry chipotle powder to the chicken right before grilling.
- 50 g sliced or chopped mango
- 1 slice of bacon crumbled
- 15 g sliced red onion
- 50 g corn
- 35 g avocado
- 12 g reduced fat blue cheese would also be good with cotija, or feta, or cheddar or jack!
- 6 g roasted pepitas I get mine at Trader Joes… a favorite for our Mexican Salads
- 40 g lightened up Cilantro Lime Ranch*
- *If you don’t already have this dressing waiting in your fridge.. it’s worth the effort! It’ll make a big batch and you can even freeze some for later. So good on all things Mexican.
- Layer your lettuce on a platter (you can toss in dressing first if preferred.)
- Top with chicken, and all other toppings. Drizzle with dressing (or remaining dressing).