Grilled flank steak, peppery arugula, sweet corn salsa, and zesty romesco… YUM. This steak and arugula salad wants to be added to your summer dinner rotation. Mmkay?
Arugula is such a favorite over here… but of course sub another green if you prefer! Not a fan of blue cheese? Crumbled goat cheese, cotija, or shaved parmesan are all delicious. Looking for something more adventurous than a traditional balsamic vinegar? Substitute it for a specialty peach or lemon balsamic.
How to Make Steak and Arugula Salad
Once you have your bed of arugula, it’s time to start adding the steak salad makings, fresh corn salsa, and homemade romesco sauce.
What you’ll need for your Steak and Arugula Salad
- Arugula (60 g)
- Grilled flank steak (like this one), sliced thin (100 g)
- Corn salsa (80 g) (recipe below)
- Pinch of pickled onion (may sub raw) (30 g)
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (2-5 g)
- Homemade romesco sauce (30 g) (Trader Joe’s makes a good one if you’re in a pinch!)
- Reduced fat blue cheese (14 g)
- White balsamic vinegar*
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you’ll need for the Corn Salsa
- Corn, fresh or thawed from frozen (160 g)
- Cherry tomatoes, halved (150 g)
- Red onion, diced small (30 g)
- Fresh lime juice (30 g)
- Small avocado, diced (100 g)
- Bell pepper, red, yellow, or orange, diced small (50 g)
- Cucumber, diced (170 g)
- Loosely packed cilantro, chopped (30 g)
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of pepper
Combine everything in a large bowl.
Macros for corn salsa alone are: 6 servings, 120 g each, 61 cal, 9.1 c, 2.4 f, 1.9 p, 5 fiber
For One Salad
Top arugula with flank steak, corn salsa, pickled onion, cilantro, romesco, blue cheese, and vinegar. Finish with a pinch of kosher salt and cracked pepper. Enjoy!
You might also love:
For similar summertime macro-friendly salads, try any of these other delicious recipes:
Try any or all of these amazing salads, and be sure to follow along for more on Instagram!
Steak and Arugula Salad
- Prepare Flank Steak, Corn Salsa, and Romesco Sauce according to Lillie Eats and Tells applicable recipes
- Create your bed of arugula and top with flank steak, corn salsa, pickled onion, cilantro, romesco, blue cheese, and vinegar. Finish with a pinch of kosher salt and cracked pepper. Enjoy!
Fresh and Easy Corn Salsa
- 1 cup corn use thawed, frozen corn or corn on the cob, cooked or raw (160 g)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (150 g)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced small (30 g)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (30 g)
- ½ bell pepper, red, yellow, or orange, diced small (50 g)
- 1 small avocado, diced (100 g)
- 1 ½ cup cucumber, diced (170 g)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped (30 g)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- pinch of pepper
- Combine everything in a large bowl.
- Use as salsa for chips, tacos, rice bowls, etc.