It doesn’t get much lighter than this. And I don’t always want to eat this light.
Oh you knew that? Whatever.
But I’ve got six days till Ross and I leave for Hawaii. That’s six days to feel less like I’m coming out of a white chocolate peppermint pretzel coma…. and more like I’m ready to lay on a beach and jump off of giant rocks in a swim suit! Ok probably lay on a beach mostly.
Cauliflower rice is one of the best additions to my diet when my macros are lower. It’s such a good way to add volume with so few calories… and I happen to really like it! Add some good grilled chicken and your favorite burrito bowl style toppings… and this herby, zesty lightened up chimichurri and you’re set. So much going on for less than 300 calories and 20 carbs! Even my salads don’t beat that.
Six more days of buying cauliflower rice….
Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Mango, grilled chicken, and Light Chimichurri
- Cook cauliflower rice according to package directions. I just microwaved my frozen bag.
- Combine chopped tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lime to make your quick pico, add mango right to it or just pile both in your bowl. *
- Top “rice” with chicken, pico, mango, avocado, and lightened up chimichurri
- *The small yellow mexican mangos are in stores pretty much year round and stay pretty good.
- **Cotija or monterey jack cheese would be a good addition if you’ve got room for some fat.