This summery corn, feta, and basil salad is full of fresh summertime veggies!
This salad really utilizes summer vegetables, is of course light and macro-friendly, and comes together so quickly. You can easily add some grilled protein to make it a whole meal!
Cooking the Corn in this Summer Salad
I suggest in the recipe that you use grilled corn for this corn, feta, basil salad, but you can really cook your corn however you like. You can even keep it raw!
If you want to grill your corn, it’s so easy! Simply peel the husks back and place the corn directly on your grill. Turn it every five minutes or so, until the kernels start to get brown and caramelized. Then, let the corn cool slightly and cut the kernels off the cob.
If you’re in even more of a hurry or you don’t want to fire up the grill, then sometimes I like to microwave my corn on the cob in the husks. I cook it for 4 to 8 minutes, then if I still want the char, I’ll place it on my stovetop burner for just a minute with the husks pulled off.
How to Make Corn, Feta, and Basil Salad
The hardest part about this salad is just chopping a few fresh veggies. And the chopping list is short! Here’s what you’ll need to prep:
- Chopped cucumber
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Diced avocado
- Chopped basil
That’s it! Once you have everything chopped, throw these veggies together in a large bowl, along with the corn and feta.
In a separate small bowl whisk together the following vinaigrette ingredients:
- Good white balsamic vinegar (we use a lemon-infused vinegar from Baker and Olive)
- Juice from one lemon
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
Pour this vinaigrette over the salad and toss everything together! You can garnish with a few of the extra basil leaves.
I like to serve a bowl of arugula on the side so people can choose to turn it into a green salad or not!
If you want to make this salad into a full meal, here are a few protein options that would be great with it:
- Sweet Chili Salmon
- Sweet Garlic Spiced Grilled Flank Steak
- Balsamic Herb Grilled Chicken
- Brown Sugar Spiced Pork Tenderloin
More Summer Salad Recipes
Here are a few more salads that take advantage of summer produce:
If you make this summer corn, feta, basil salad, then be sure to tag me on Instagram @lillieeatsandtells! Enjoy the summer!
Corn, Feta, and Basil Salad
- 3 cups grilled corn* cut off the cob (434 g)
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped (225 g)
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved (230 g)
- 1 cup red onion, sliced thin (75 g)
- 1 avocado, diced (113 g)
- ½ cup reduced fat feta cheese (56 g)
- ¼ cup basil, chopped (15 g)
- 3 tbsp high quality white balsamic vinegar (45 g)
- 1 lemon, juiced (30 g)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or frozen cube
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- In a large bowl, combine corn, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, feta, and basil.
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and pour it over the top of the salad. Toss well and add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with extra leaves of basil.
- Toss well and add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with extra leaves of basil.