If you count macros, there’s a good chance you’ve already discovered these Joseph’s lavash wraps. But I don’t care I’m still gonna throw another one in your face. Because just like the pitas, they’re SUCH a good weapon when you’re watching your carbs. Only 16 carbs for this whole huge wrap… and 12 protein! They don’t look that exciting but then you make a pizza or a giant egg white burrito, or obviously nachos and you’re HOOKED.
This Greek pizza/salad rings in at 34.7c/12.4f/37.3p and 383 calories and it’s as big as my computer screen.
I mean it’s close.
For some reason these greek flavors are something I’ll forget about for a while, and then when they hit me, I CAN’T stop. I’ll whip up some cucumber salsa and want to morph every meal into something Greek-ish. Ish? Honestly I hope I don’t offend anyone with how loosely I use that term. Like in my book, if there’s cucumber or feta– it’s authentic Greek. I’m gonna go with that.
This takes like five minutes, especially if you have leftover greek salsa lying around like me. And if making a “salsa” first sounds complicated, just chop some cucumber, red onion, tomato and herbs and throw them on the pizza with the feta.
Did I do a good job making that sound so much easier than throwing it in a bowl and stirring first? Every step counts when you’re hungry though I know I know I get it. Although I do thing the flavors mash together just right when they sit even for a minute all together.
I used rotisserie chicken because that’s what I had on hand, but it’d be super good with this staple grilled chicken, or my favorite carnitas (that’s my favorite meat to pair with the greek salsa in a pita!) or turkey meatballs re-heated in a pan with a little added oregano. TRUST ME. No need to start from scratch on your protein… use what you have!
There’s just something pretty satisfying about sitting down to my biggest cutting board rather than a plate. I could get used to this.Print
Super Skinny Greek flatbread pizza
There’s something about a Greek flare. Once I get on it I can’t get off. So fresh and vibrant and crunchy. This is so light and so good!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 Josephs Lavash wrap
- Favorite Hummus mixed with some greek yogurt and a little garlic (I use a quarter to a half a cube of frozen Dorot garlic from Trader Joes and other basic grocers.) (40 g total)
- Reduced fat feta (I found some by athenos) (1 tbs)
- Sundried Tomatoes (dry packed to avoid oil, TJ has good ones.) (.5 tbs)
- Jarred roasted red peppers (mine are TJ) (14g)
- Chicken (leftover grilled would be great, I used rotisserie) (65 g)
- Greek Salsa (from my greek meatball pita recipe- pasted below*) (100g)
- Red onion (20 g)
- Butter lettuce (55 g)
- Bolthouse Ranch (or whatever dressing you love that goes) (1 tbs)
For the greek salsa:
- About 2 cups (250 g) cucumber
- About 2 cups (250 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 small diced (130 g) red onion
- About 1 cup (120 g) bell pepper (not green ew)
- 1 tbs olive oil (I used lemon olive oil but plain is fine.)
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta (I don’t like the fat free– but it exists if you do!)
- A good pinch of fresh mint and dill if you like it (I don’t love dill!)
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
For the salsa:
- Chop everything up and toss it together! I’ve learned I prefer to keep the tomatoes separate if I’m going to have leftovers. Everything else stays good for a couple of days. We used ours on these pork pitas for dinner and I had it left for this flatbread the next day for lunch. It makes a lot so reduce anything you like—you can’t really go wrong here!
For the flatbread:
- Mix 1 tbs of hummus with 1 tbs of greek yogurt and garlic (I’ll heat garlic cube for like 5 seconds to soften enough to stir in) – Spread that as your base
- Top with chicken, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, red onion, and feta
- Spray with a mist of olive oil spray and sprinkle with kosher salt
- Bake at 425 for 5-8 minutes, peek at it and pull it out when the edges are nice and brown
- Top with plenty of chopped butter lettuce (I’m telling you it’s magic lettuce, some things are so much better with these gorgeous tender leaves…), and greek salsa, more red onion if you’re obsessed with it like me, and a drizzle of ranch (or tzatziki etc…)
- Cut into wedges and scoop up salad as you go. WHY could I scoop us salad with carbs every day of my life. So good.
- Serving Size: 1 whole flatbread
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 12.4
- Carbohydrates: 34.7
- Protein: 37.3