I’ve been seeing Green Goddess salads everywhere lately! Inspired by the viral Tik Tok by Baked By Melissa of course… and was officially inspired to try one myself. You know how much I love a good chopped salad and a green sauce! I chopped, blended, and tossed… of course, I made sure it was macro-friendly and that I could eat a TON of it. Ha. I added some leftover salmon I had in the fridge and threw mine on a crisped-up @bfreefoods gluten-free tortilla and cut it like a pizza. Loved it! Here’s how you can make a delicious choppy chopped green goddess salad salmon flatbread, too.
Choppy Chopped Green Goddess Salad Flatbread
How to Make this Green Goddess Chopped Salad
For the salad you’ll need:
- Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Arugula, chopped small
- Cucumber, chopped
- Green Onions, chopped
- Avocado, diced
- Salmon, use your leftovers from some meal prep – like this one!
- Tortilla, or flatbread (I LOVE a Cut Da Carb if I’m enjoying gluten, but used a BFree chia and quinoa tortilla for a gluten free option.)
For the Green Goddess salad dressing you’ll need:
- Non-dairy plain yogurt
- Jalapeño, seeded
- Fresh herbs, I use basil, cilantro, parsley and chives
- Light colored vinegar, (white balsamic or red wine)
- Red pepper flakes
This Choppy Chopped Green Goddess Salmon Salad is a quick and easy meal. All of the components can be made ahead of time and then assembled when you are ready to eat. This makes week-day meals easy and effortless.
The key to this salad is in the dressing! No surprise. Sauces are life– AM I RIGHT. To make the Green Goddess dressing you blend all of the ingredients (plain yogurt, garlic, jalapeño, shallot, herbs, vinegar, and red pepper flakes) together until smooth. My go-to dairy-free yogurt has been SoDelicious non-dairy coconut milk plain yogurt, but you can totally use non-fat Greek yogurt in place of my dairy-free option. Your macros will be slightly different depending on which type of yogurt you use, but they are both tasty options and it will still be super light and “macro-friendly.”
If you don’t have all the fresh herbs on hand, or if you hate cilantro, etc, just use what you have in place of the weight of all of the herbs! I can’t resist adding whatever I have, but I also love it with only cilantro or only basil, etc. If you are not worried about fats, you can add a few tablespoons of olive oil! But we love it just like this.
How to Assemble this Chopped Green Goddess Salmon Salad
Once you’ve made the dressing, it’s time to assemble the Chopped Green Goddess Salad. Combine the chopped iceberg lettuce and chopped arugula. Then, throw in your chopped cucumber, green onion, diced avocado, and flakey salmon.
Now that things are chopped and assembled in your bowl, it’s time to smother it in and herby, garlicky Green Goddess dressing and toss well.
I like eating this Chopped Green Goddess Salmon Salad on top of a crispy flatbread or tortilla. Toast your tortilla in a pan by cooking on both sides with a little spritz of avocado or olive oil spray and some salt until crispy. Once the tortilla is ready, pile your salad on top of the tortilla, cut it into wedges and eat!
Choppy Chopped Green Goddess Salmon Salad Flatbread
- 1 cup Iceburg Lettuce, chopped (cabbage works) (90g)
- 1 cup Arugula, chopped small (75g)
- 1/2 cup Cuccumber, chopped small (100g)
- 2 Green Onions, chopped (20g)
- 1/3 cup Green Goddess Dressing (75g) *recipe below
- 1/2 Avocado, diced (40g)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh squeeze of lemon
- 4 oz Sockeye Salmon, cooked (Use leftovers) (113g)
- 1 Tortilla or Flatbread of choice
Green Goddess Salad Dressing Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 cup SoDelicious non-dairy coconut milk plain yogurt (240g)
- 2 cloves of garlic (or 2 frozen Dorot cubes)
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Herbs, I use equal parts of basil, cilantro, parsley, and chives (40g total, 10g each)
- 1 cup Arugula (25g)
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded (40g)
- 1/2 Shallot (15g)
- 1/2 Avocado (45 g)
- 1/4 cup light colored Vinegar (white balsamic or red wine) (60g)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice (about 2 lemons) (60g)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Blend all dressing ingredients together until smooth. If you’re not worried about fats, add a few tablespoons of olive oil! But we love it just like this. And then we love the macros.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl with ⅓ cup of the dressing (75 g) and toss well!
- Toast your tortilla in a pan by cooking on both sides with a little spritz of avocado or olive oil spray and some salt until crispy.
- Pile your salad on top of the tortilla, cut into pizza wedges, and enjoy!
Serves 1 (400 g)
170 cal, 18.5c, 9f, 6.2 p, 7.4 fiber You can search the different option under these names: MFP: Lillie Eats and Tells Green Goddess Dressing
MFP: Lillie Eats and Tells Green Goddess Salad only
MFP: Lillie Eats and Tells Green Goddess Salmon salad flatbread