Creamy, green chili chicken bake. One dish! So easy. Sometimes there’s nothing better than tucking everything into one rectangular baking dish, popping it in the oven, and calling it good. If you’re into green chili chicken enchiladas, you’ll definitely want to check this recipe out.
It leaves you with that perfect window of time to get the kitchen cleaned up, toss a quick side salad or make (microwave in my house) some brown rice for the side. Then look like a champ when your husband gets home from work.
So sorry if that ‘s too old school and offends anyone. But I feel like a rock start if Ross comes home and the kitchen’s clean but it smells like dinner. He probably doesn’t care one way or another. But I feel like a rock star.
It’s rare it’s true.
What you’ll need for your creamy green chili chicken bake:
- Greek cream cheese… or normal reduced fat will do
- Some salsa verde
- Canned diced green chilis and canned tomatoes
- Some basic spices I’m sure you’ve got on hand….
- Chicken tenderloins (I’m always stocked from Costco and prefer them EVERY TIME over breasts.)
- Corn- fresh or frozen works!
- A Joseph’s lavash or other low carb wrap… or use some regular corn tortillas if you like!
- Cheese (Monterey Jack cheese is my favorite)
- Ok and it wouldn’t hurt to top with avocado, pico, red onion or pickled onion, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro… whatever YOU WANT.
How to make your creamy green chili chicken bake
Couldn’t be easier!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together your cream cheese, salsa, green chilis, and spices in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Chop up some chicken tenderloins and toss them in there! (you can also use the fork to pull apart and make shredded chicken if you don’t want the chunks)
- Add tomatoes and corn and get it all mixed up.
- Cover with a lavash. Dunk it a little to get it all covered by yummy sauce.
- Pull it out, take however much you like and log it in grams directly from My Fitness Pal (if you’re a macro-counter.)
- Or just enjoy as much as you’d like, knowing it’s a light and healthy casserole that tastes like Southwestern comfort food.
Ok here’s the real recipe you can print and shove in my cookbook. xo
Creamy Green Chili Chicken Bake
- 1/2 cup greek cream cheese softened (88g)
- 1/4 cup salsa verde 60 g
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 860 g chicken tenderloins chopped
- 1 medium ear of corn sliced off the cob (180 g)
- 1 Joseph’s lavash bread affiliate link- or a single layer of corn tortillas would be delicious of course.
- 1/2 oz shredded mexican cheese 14 g
- Additional Toppings: Avocado additional corn, pico, red onion or pickled onion, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro… YOU GET IT.
- Combine softened greek cream cheese, salsa, green chilis, and spices in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Add uncooked, thawed chopped chicken tenderloins (pat dry first), diced tomatoes, and corn. Combine.
- Cover with one Joseph’s Lavash. Dunking the lavash under the mixture so it’s covered. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350′ for 45 minutes. Broil for the last five minutes if you want the top more brown and bubbly.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, or a pile of tortilla chips! It would also be good thrown in tortillas. Add a simple side salad with the lightened up cilantro lime ranch and you’re set!
- This might be a little soupy at first but will set up as it sits. It’s the kind of thing that we like even more the next day!
- To log, search My Fitness Pal for “Lillie Eats and Tells Creamy Green Chili Chicken Bake.”
- If you don’t want to bother with the Joseph’s lavash, sub a layer of corn tortillas, or really any tortilla or wrap. You’ll just need to adjust your macros accordingly if you track.
- If you use 5 Mission extra thin corn tortillas, a serving is going to be around 19 carbs instead of 14. Just 2 fewer grams of protein. Not a huge deal!
- If you skip the lavash altogether, a serving is just 13 carbs. Tiny difference!