You may have noticed we don’t get sick of pork in our house. And this BBQ Pulled Pork Lavash Quesadilla is one of the MANY REASONS! I just feel like it’s the easiest and yummiest protein to re-use all week without feeling like you’re eating second tier food. (i.e. leftovers.)
And I’ve said this before, but when I first started macros I thought there was no way I could swap out the good fatty pork butt without rolling my eyes every time I ate it like –this is NO COMPARISON. And I’m not blind to the fact that fat taste good– so pork butt taste better. (It’s just true.) But I can honestly say I don’t miss it. That with the right prep and toppings, this is still so tasty! Heated in a pan to get the crispy bits… plenty of spices cooked in there… and then of course stuffed in this quesadilla with some tangy barbecue sauce, cheese, spicy red onion, fresh cilantro, and thinly sliced apples for a sweet kick. SO GOOD.
And if I’m ever eating something I can’t stuff full of veggies, my go-to is the simplest pile of greens on the side with a little drizzle of some Bolthouse ranch, or even just a spritz of olive oil spray, lemon, salt and pepper… just to get to eat a little longer and liven things up, for pretty much no macros.
NO MACROS are the best macros.
And what you might miss in fat, you’ll make up for in pure joy of being able to eat this giant stack all by yourself and still feel like a million bucks. Put it on a Cut Da Carb wrap if you order some of those and it’s even lighter!Print
Macro Friendly BBQ Pulled Pork Lavash Quesadilla
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Quesadilla
- 1 josephs lavash wrap
- 120 grams instant pot or slow cooker bbq pulled pork*
- 1 wedge pepperjack laughing cow cheese
- 14 grams lite shredded three cheese blend
- 30 grams apples sliced thin
- 25 g sliced red onion
- 1 tbs bbq sauce (stubbs or other lower carb option)
- handful cilantro
- 1 tbs bolthouse ranch for dipping
- Heat lavash in a pan
- Spread half (lengthwise) with the pepperjack laughing cow
- Top with pork, bbq sauce, apple, red onion, plenty of cilantro, and shredded cheese
- Fold other half over and spray with olive oil mist and sprinkle kosher salt.
- Flip and do the same with the other side.
- Serve with greens drizzled with bolthouse ranch and extra ranch for dipping
- Serving Size: 1 whole quesadilla
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 12.4
- Carbohydrates: 35.6
- Protein: 45.4
Keywords: BBQ, barbecue, pulled, pork, quesadilla, lavash, cheese, laughing cow, cilantro, bbq sauce, ranch