A Banh Mi Pork Veggie Bowl? I don’t know. But it was so easy and good! I had leftover pork per usual, spiralized butternut squash I’d been wanting to try, and everything else handy from a thai salad… and full disclosure, I was out of lunch meat for my sandwich. Sometimes it’s good for me to be forced to mix it up. (I need a sandwich intervention.) And this was so fresh and yummy and obviously super light which means more food later!
Quick Lunch-Time Banh Mi Veggie Bowl
Veggie packed spiralized butternut squash bowl with easy leftover pork spiced with ginger and crushed red pepper, topped with a quick low-fat sriracha mayo drizzle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- 1/2 cup spiralized butternut squash
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 radishes sliced thin
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tbs fresh jalapeno sliced or diced
- Big pinch of cilantro
- 2 tbs chopped green onions
- 100 g or just under 4 oz of leftover pulled pork
- 2 tsp dried ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Spray a fry-pan with cooking spray and add leftover pork sprinkled with dried ginger and chili flakes. Cook just until a little crispy and heated through.
- Spiralize your butternut squash and carrots OR buy them that way! Shredded carrots work great too!
- Mix 2 tbs light mayo with 2 tsp sriracha and a squeeze of lime.
- Add squash noodles, carrots, cucumber and cabbage to a bowl. Top with pork, green onions, jalapeno, radishes and cilantro. Drizzle with sriracha mayo.*
*If you want better control of the sriracha mayo without dirtying a container, pour it into a small ziplock and snip the corner for less blob, more drizzle.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 3.4
- Carbohydrates: 19.4
- Protein: 22.5