Thai chicken lettuce tacos in like five minutes for lunch yesterday. So easy, so light, SO GOOD. The fresh herbs and dressing get me every time -like I take one bite and am instantly thinking WHY DON’T I EAT THESE EVERY DAY.
(Macros = 15c/8f/27p and 240 calories for these five)
Obviously these are SO LIGHT! Leaving plenty of room for twice as many if you’d like! OR… a carby bowl of oatmeal a couple of hours later. Sometimes I want all those macros together, and sometimes it’s amazing to get two delicious small meals out of the same numbers…
This is the BEST lunch when I’m really trying to save some fat and carbs for my favorite WHOLE Blaze pizza at night… or a great appetizer to bring to a party so you know you can fill your plate without blowing it…
And I’m going Sandra Lee semi-homemade and you don’t even have to make your own dressing because this one from Trader Joe’s is SO good.
Or obviously chop it all up for something more like my favorite easy thai chicken salad if you’re more into forks and less into licking delicious spicy peanut dressing off the inside of your elbow. You do you.
5- Minute Thai Chicken Lettuce Tacos
- 5 large leaves of butter lettuce (SO much better than romain or other lettuces for this soft and flexible and never bitter.
- Rotisserie chicken breast – sprinkled with salt and pepper 100 g
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Avocado 20 g
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Chopped green onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mint
- Sliced or chopped fresh jalapeno
- Mango 28 g
- Red onion 5 g
- 1 tbs Trader Joes Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
- Lay out your lettuce leaves and top with everything you like! Drizzle with dressing or have it on the side for dipping.