(Copied in from my instagram post… peaches are leaving now… and taking a piece of my heart. Sniff.)
Peaches are back! I wait and wait and then buy them when they’re still hard and gross and then finally wait long enough and one day I’m walking thru produce and catch that scent and it’s time! 🍑 They definitely made this breakfast bowl extra special for me. First day of yummy peaches in our house.
I’m obsessed with this. I prefer the cottage cheese mixed in over straight yogurt.. more texture and creaminess even if you go no fat. It makes me never want to bother with the carbs of a smoothie bowl (even though I love them.) This is so good! And now I can add the yummy fruit on top without the carbs getting out of control. WIN.Print
Cottage Cheese Power Bowl
A lightly sweetened greek yogurt and cottage cheese base with plenty of fresh fruit and just enough almonds and chocolate to fuel your morning!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 1x
- 3/4 cups (150 grams) cottage cheese (fat free if you watch that- but full fat yum.)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt sweetened with vanilla stevia drops
- (I do 20 grams of each of the following fruits):
- 1/2 tbs (7 g) Trader Joe’s slivered unsalted toasted almonds (best kept in freezer- extra crunchy 😊)
- 1/2 tbs (7 g) mini chocolate chips (they make everything indulgent and you only need a little!
- a tiny drizzle (2 g) of honey (use a honey bear because it’s cleaner but then lay out a cute honey wand because #cute.)
- Sweeten greek yogurt with a dropper or two of liquid stevia and mix with cottage cheese
- Top with chopped mangos, peaches, bananas, berries and any other fruit you want.
- Finish with toasted almonds, mini chocolate chips, and a drizzle of honey. Easy. Peasy. But perfect.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Protein: 31