This one pot skinny, white chicken chili is gonna be on repeat over here this season. Maybe even this weekend with some leftover Thanksgiving turkey! SO SO EASY and SO TASTY… everyone can customize with as much or as little of some less-skinny toppings as they like, HA! Which means even the kids are happy. So what if my three-year old has equal parts fritos and chili- it’s fine! And I get a giant bowl for KILLER macros. Everyone wins.
Growing up, my mom always made a “tortilla soup” with green enchilada sauce as the base. I LOVED it and was constantly disappointed as I got older and ordered it at restaurants to find my veggies and chicken swimming in a red or clear broth. Even if it was considered an authentic mexican restaurant, I don’t care. I LOVE THIS STUFF. So tasty. And such a quick and easy way to get a super flavorful soup or chili without a million ingredients or hours of simmer.
How to Make Your Skinny White Chicken Chili
- Saute your veggies, add in some garlic and seasoning, followed by a few cans of diced green chilis, enchilada sauce, stock, and chicken. Let it simmer!
- Add greek yogurt cream cheese and some frozen corn and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Scoop into bowls and sprinkle on your toppings. Enjoy!
Did you see that. THREE steps. Sorta. The hardest part is just picking apart your rotisserie chicken to toss any of the gross parts you don’t want to eat. You’ll hate me for those five minutes but just remember you didn’t even have to cook it! Then you’ll like me again.
What You Need for Your Skinny White Chicken Chili
- Rotisserie chicken breast (I buy the big pack from Costco, but feel free to pick it off the bird, or just use whatever you’ve got. The macros for white meat will be pretty similar across the board.)
- Bell peppers
- Corn (frozen)
- Green enchilada sauce
- Canned green chilis
- Chicken stock
- Seasonings: Garlic, cumin, salt and pepper
- Greek yogurt cream cheese (or any reduced fat cream cheese would work)
- Toppings: Whatever you like! We love cheese, avocado, sour cream, cilantro, lime, and CHIPS. And we’re not afraid to buy fritos. If you think you don’t like them and can only buy some fancy blue corn tortilla chip from whole foods you’re lying to yourself. And the ingredients are the same. Ha! But fine, get whatever you like!
This is truly so easy to make. Perfect leftovers. Although I’m always floored because it looks like so much and we eat it ALL.
Oh my gosh and the best part is a CLEAN KITCHEN. Since it’s in one pot, it gives me time to tidy while it simmers. Then it’s done and ready to serve to the whole family! This is way better leaving out ten cutting boards for assembling tacos or burgers or salads like we do all summer… I LOVE FALL.
Eating hot soup, while not sweating, in a clean kitchen. Pretty much heaven.
I have more hot soup recipes you can check out here. If you liked my one pot skinny white chicken chili, believe me, you will want to try my other soups too.Print
One Pot Skinny White Chicken Chili
We LOVE a good white chicken chili over here, and making it extra light and healthy didn’t change it for anyone! All of my kids even devour this. And skipping the beans just allows me to use the carbs where I value them more! Feel free to add them in if you love beans!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 1x
- Category: Soup/Chili
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3 medium bell peppers diced (380 g)
- 2 medium onions diced (540 g)
- 2 medium zucchini chopped (355 g)
- 5 cloves minced garlic (or frozen dorot cubes)
- 1 tbs cumin
- 8 oz (2 small cans) mild diced green chilis
- 400 g green enchilada sauce (half a huge can)
- 550 g rotisserie chicken breast (about 1.25 lb) shredded and/or chopped into bite sized pieces. (I buy the big package from Costco and pick any yucky stuff out.)
- 3 cups chicken stock (I use the boxed cartons from Costco.)
- 1/4 cup (44 g) greek yogurt cream cheese
- 128 g corn (I used the frozen roasted corn from Trader Joes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium, high heat, spray with cooking spray.
- Add peppers, onions, and zucchini, sprinkle with a hefty pinch of kosher salt and cook for 5-7 minutes till soft.
- Sir in garlic and cumin and sauté for a few more minutes, then add green chilis, green enchilada sauce, chicken stock and chicken. Sprinkle a little kosher salt on your chicken. Turn to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until you’re ready to eat.
- Stir in greek yogurt cream cheese and corn and simmer for five more minutes just until corn is no longer frozen. All done!
- Top individual bowls with cheese, sour cream (we use low or non-fat), avocado, fresh cilantro, a squeeze of lime, and tortilla chips or fritos!
- I love to buy the big package of rotisserie chicken breast from Costco for soups in the winter. I’m not a huge fan of the texture for salads or much else, but as long as you take a minute to pick through it and remove any gross parts, then chop and shred the good stuff into manageable sized pieces, it’s PERFECT for soups! And makes it such a breeze.
- For macro-counters: Search “Lillie Eats and Tells Skinny Creamy White Chicken Chili” in My Fitness Pal to log however many grams of chili you want!
- Just reminding you this is a nice BIG portion! Not just a cup like most soup “portions”. This is actually a nice big bowl that I would eat for dinner. And the macros are so low, they leave room for toppings and a side salad if you’d like!
*Macros: Of course, there always might be variation when you make it yourself, if you use different brands, or if you cook something much longer and more moisture evaporates… but for instance, once I make something once, I’ll log those same macros every time I make it, even if there are slight variations. In my opinion, those variances are going to be so small, especially when dealing with lower calorie items over all. Notice I’ll let you log your own chips and cheese. Ha!
- Serving Size: 400 g
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 11.9
- Sodium: 1015.4 mg
- Fat: 5.2
- Saturated Fat: 0.9
- Carbohydrates: 20.8
- Fiber: 3.8
- Protein: 26
Keywords: Creamy, white, chicken, chili, soup, healthy, skinny, veggies