This is maybe the one food I dreamt of “cheating” with the most after starting macros. But then I’d chicken out because I knew too much! And Nachos can be INSANE. Like for sure more than my whole day’s worth of fat. Maybe 2. And sure I could fit some in my macros. But I don’t want like a few nachos on my plate. I want to reach my paws into a giant plate of nachos until they’re gone or it’s just not worth it. I also still want dessert that night… because it’s important to me…so….
I decided to give it a go at home and we were floored. A little cheese and a lot of toppings on PLENTY OF home baked crispy salty tortilla chips – amazing. And 100% filled my nacho void. For sure it’ll be on repeat over here. Would be so good and even lower in fat with shredded chicken or my favorite carnitas.
Threw on some untracked lettuce at the last minute because nachos make me crazy like that. The macros for this whole pie dish full of nachos for one 55c 22f 40p and 568 calories.
Macro Friendly Nachos on Home Baked Corn Tortilla Chips!
- 5 yup! extra thin mission corn tortillas
- 100 grams ground turkey
- 75 g pico
- ¼ cup 28 g or one serving of light trader joes or other shredded mexican blend cheese
- 40 g avocado almost a half
- 20 grams corn a few tablespoons
- 1/2 a jalapeno
- 2 radishes
- 7 g ⅕ tbs cotija cheese
- drizzle of fat free or lite chipotle sour cream*
- Cook ground turkey in a hot skillet sprayed with non-stick spray with a bunch of garlic, cumin, salt and pepper or whatever taco seasonings you like.
- Make quick fat-free chipotle sour cream by blending 1 canned chipotle pepper and ½ tbs of it’s adobo sauce in ½ cup fat free or low fat sour cream
- Cut tortillas into 6-8 pizza wedges depending on how big you want your chips..
- Lay flat on a cookie sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake at 400 for like 8-10 minutes or until they’re crispy! Flip halfway thru if you want to be extra thorough but it worked both ways. After they cook you can bag them and use them later. They stayed perfect and crispy! Ross said he couldn’t even tell a difference.
- Put in shallow dish and top with shredded cheese and meat- bake for another 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melty. Doesn’t take long because let’s be honest, it’s not much cheese. But you won’t even miss it with all the flavors and toppings!
- Out of oven, top with pico, corn, avocado, radishes, jalapeno, a drizzle of chipotle sour cream and a sprinkle of cotija or whatever else you like!
Tried this recipe?
Tag @LillieEatsAndTells on Instagram with #LillieEatsandTells! We’d love to see your creations!