This salad! I can’t stop. Farro, baked sweet potato, arugula, plus corn and avocado… topped with blackened salmon and this creamy jalapeno avocado dressing I could drink. It’s MY FAVORITE. There is something special about all the yummy, healthy carbs in once place. It’s WORTH IT. Trust me.
The Creamy Jalapeño Avocado dressing is the one we use for a simple, family-sized Mexican Caesar… which is such a great easy side for a crowd. We’re still in our honeymoon phase where I refuse to let my fridge run dry of it. It’s on constant repeat. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! It’s thick and creamy and cheesy and so flavorful with insane macros. Lighter than any bottled and so much better IMO.
My kids don’t trust their green smoothies anymore because I’m usually using the blender for thiiiiiis.
What goes in the Farro and Sweet Potato Salad
Now that I’m keeping my fridge stocked with this stuff, the salad comes together so fast and easy! Here’s what’s in it.
- Cooked farro (don’t be scared, it’s so easy and the BEST grain in salads)
- Baked sweet potato, diced
- Corn off the cob
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Blackened salmon (from this recipe)
- Creamy Jalapeño Avocado Dressing
Obviously I’ve always got my dressing stored in some ramekins. I’ve usually got a baggie of corn leftover and waiting, one with a baked sweet potato ready to be chopped, a tupperware of cooked farro, and one with the blackened salmon. All I’ve got to do at dinner time is chop some cherry tomatoes, avocado, and basil and toss it all together!
It’s not as pretty after it’s tossed. But I’m telling you. Obsessed. Just looking at it now I want it instead of dessert. It’s 11. You think I wouldn’t do it huh. Ha.Print
Farro and Sweet Potato Salad with Blackened Salmon
There is just something about the combination of all of these healthy carbs in one bowl! The sweet potato and chewy farro… fresh pop of corn and tomato all in this super light creamy jalapeno avocado dressing that I could DRINK. SO good.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: Seafood, fresh
- Big handful of arugula (60 g)
- 1/4 of a medium sweet potato, baked (or microwaved if in a hurry!) and chopped (75 g of the baked potato)
- About 1/2 cup farro, cooked according to package (75g cooked)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved (40 g)
- 1/4 avocado, diced (28 g)
- Small handful of corn off the cob (30 g)
- 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 2.5 oz our favorite blackened salmon– or your favorite salmon! (75 g)
- 4 tbs Creamy Jalapeño Avocado dressing (60 g)- this is currently my favorite macro-magical sauce for EVERYTHING.
- Pile arugula in a large bowl
- Top with chopped sweet potato, farro, tomatoes, avocado, corn, basil, salmon… and finally the dressing.
- Toss and enjoy!
- This is a little higher in carbs and lower in protein than most of my meals. I got hooked on it while I was trying out a new program (FASTER way to fat loss) and focusing on lots of healthy carbs with a lower protein ratio. I’ve since increased my protein, but this salad was so perfect to me just like this, so I refuse to mess with it! Happy to use extra protein elsewhere if I have it, and still get to use my calories for all of these healthy carbs combined. There’s something magical about the sweet potato, corn, and farro all at once… tossed in this creamy dressing. SO GOOD.
- The macros below INCLUDE the salmon... just as photographed. But when you search for it in MFP to log, you can search for “Lillie Eats and Tells Farro and Sweet Potato Salad” and then separately search and log your “Lillie Eats and Tells Blackened Salmon”. That should make it easier for you to control your protein amount if you like, or choose a different style of salmon with different macros etc.
- Serving Size: This bowl as described
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 10
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 4.6
- Carbohydrates: 55.7
- Fiber: 9.7
- Protein: 27.1
Keywords: Salmon, farro, arugula, sweet potato, corn, tomatoes, basil, cilantro, jalapeño, avocado, cotija, salad, bowl, grain