When I’m experimenting with lower carbs and higher fats, the words “Salmon” and “Cobb” both become VERY common in my kitchen. Smash them together and everything is just better… and low carb doesn’t make me want to cry anymore.
This one was extra special because I tossed in some of my ALL TIME FAVORITE cheese ever. The Trader Joe’s Toscana soaked in Syrah. Have you HAD IT?????? It’s heaven. For that full-fat life. You won’t regret it.
What’s in this salmon cobb:
Ok maybe mostly what you’d expect… with a couple of random, happy additions.
- Blackened salmon
- The best cheese EVER
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Jicama – optional but so crunchy and fun!
- Radishes because they’re pretty- so fine we can call them optional too.
- Fresh basil because I think fresh herbs take everything up a knotch
Yes I crumbled my bacon and chopped my avocado right after this photo because I prefer EVERYTHING tiny so it all get’s mixed up and makes such a better distribution of FLAVORS. And macros. Who wants to be like… oops I just ate all the avocado. That was good and it’s- over.
The Creamy Lemon Basil Dressing
I’ll admit, I’ve become pretty low maintenance with my dressings. Never thought I’d be that girl who’s like, “oh just a squeeze of lemon is all I need!” That used to be an instant indicator that I could NOT trust this person’s food opinions. I do not eat like a bird.
HOWEVER– I can be pretty happy with a good splash of sweet vinegar these days! As LONG as everything is chopped to death and sprinkled with plenty of kosher salt and pepper. But this is one of the lucky salads that gets the royal treatment. This homemade creamy basil dressing is PERFECTION. Make a huge batch and freeze some for later. I use it on EVERYTHING until it’s gone… then I go back to being the bird girl I never trusted.Print
Blackened Salmon Cobb
For those days you’re keeping your carbs low, but want to enjoy some good hormone-healthy fats. Such a satisfying salad!
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop and Toss
- Cuisine: Fresh
- 2 cups spring mix, roughly chopped if you like things smaller (I do!)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (50 g)
- 1/3 cup cucumbers, diced (40 g)
- 1/4 cup jicama, diced (25g)
- 1–2 radishes, sliced thin (14g)
- 2 slices bacon (I use precooked from Costco)
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 avocado (28g)
- 1/2 oz sharp white cheddar or other favorite cheese (I used Trader Joe’s “Toscana soaked in Syrah”. 5f/3.5p in this 14 g portion if you want to match it.)
- 1.5 oz (45 g) blackened salmon
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbs (45 g) creamy lemon basil dressing (from this recipe)
- Course salt and fresh ground pepper
- Fill a large bowl with chopped greens, top with everything, and toss! Finish with plenty of course salt and fresh ground pepper.
Search MFP for “Lillie Eats and Tells Blackened Salmon Cobb” to log this bowl. Or build your own and you can search the blackened salmon, and creamy lemon basil dressing separately.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 445
- Fat: 26.5
- Carbohydrates: 19.1
- Fiber: 6.4
- Protein: 33
Keywords: salmon, cobb, salad, blackened, bowl, greens, veggies, egg, avocado, bacon, low carb,