Need a quick, meatless salad that still packs a decent amount of protein? This Asian Edamame Salad is a winner. All of the best fresh Asian flavors like ginger, garlic, cilantro … creamy avocado and refreshing cucumber. And best of all, it’s a breeze to throw together.
This base of this Asian edamame salad recipe is made of edamame (obvs), cucumber, and bell pepper — but the mix of herbs and spices are everything. Plenty of fresh ginger, minced garlic, and rice wine vinegar give the salad so much flavor! All you need then is a few bits and pieces to bring it all together.
How to Make Asian Edamame Salad
- Fresh ginger (or 2 frozen cubes- I buy mine at Trader Joe’s or Vons and can’t live without)
- Minced garlic (or frozen cubes)
- Balsamic or rice wine vinegar (I used Baker and Olive Honey Serrano vinegar) (30 g)
- Bell pepper, diced (310 g)
- Cucumber, diced (310 g)
- Shelled edamame, steamed (280 g)
- Avocado, diced (130 g)
- Cilantro, chopped (60 g)
- Chives (or scallions), chopped (10 g)
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Start by adding the ginger, garlic, and vinegar to the bottom of a large bowl and whisking them together. If using frozen cubes, make sure they’re fully thawed before you add everything else. (Sometimes I give them a few seconds in a dish in the microwave. )Then, in the same bowl, toss in your diced bell pepper, cucumber, edamame, avocado, cilantro, and chives. Season with salt and red pepper flakes and toss well. Don’t forget! You can always toss on some optional crushed cashews, peanuts, or almonds too.
I mean duh. Extra fats make everything better. (Log those on your own if you’re tracking!)
If you’d like to add meat to this dish, you can’t go wrong with grilled chicken or shrimp. Seared ahi tuna would be amazing! Try any of these tasty protein options:
The salmon from my Soy Ginger Salmon and Asian Slaw recipe would also be delicious!
Looking for other dishes to use any leftover edamame in? Here are a few other Asian-inspired dishes that are sure to become favorites!
Are you following along on Instagram? Be sure to check in there for snack ideas, quick recipes, and more! You can also check out my Lillie Eats and Tells Macro Friendly Cookbook for more on macro-friendly eating, and even more recipes!
Asian Edamame Salad
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger or 2 frozen cubes
- 2 cloves minced garlic or frozen cubes
- 2 Tbsp balsamic or rice wine vinegar I used Baker and Olive Honey Serrano vinegar (30 g)
- 2 bell pepper diced (310 g)
- 2 cups cucumber diced (310 g)
- 2 cups shelled edamame steamed (280 g)
- 1 avocado diced (130 g)
- 2 cups cilantro chopped (60 g)
- 2 Tbsp chives or scallions, chopped (10 g)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Add ginger, garlic, and vinegar to the bottom of a large bowl and whisk together. Add diced bell pepper, cucumber, edamame, avocado, cilantro, and chives to the bowl. Season with salt and red pepper flakes and toss well. Toss on some optional crushed cashews, peanuts, or almonds! Enjoy with grilled chicken or shrimp. Seared ahi would be amazing!