This squash! Amazing. If you haven’t jumped on this delicata rage it’s TIME… before they’re gone. I hear they’re seasonal? I’m already so sad about it…. I really will be crushed when they’re gone. Wondering how long they’d last stored in my fridge….
Only about 50 carbs for the whole thing, it was easy to fit an entire half into the macros for my kale salad… and so worth it! The only hard part was not eating it all dipped in marinara before my salad was thrown together. SOOO good.
I’m dreaming of all the ways I could prepare it now, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to resist this cast of characters I got from the Skinny Taste recipe. She’s got so much amazing stuff over there! And these are golden. I adapted it a little bit because I didn’t have fresh parsley on hand and I DID have a shallot that was calling my name. Those crispy little morsels made for such a good addition to my salad later. I skipped the oil and just used spray so it would fit my macros even a little better… and it was still PERFECT! The parmesan and lemon zest …. DREAMY.
Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash
Disclaimer: the grams I’ve listed manually after each ingredient are accurate for a single recipe, but they will not multiply if you choose the 2x or 3x option. Please make sure and multiply on your own!
- 1 Whole washed/dried delicata squash halved, seeded and sliced into half circles (no need to peel! yes you eat it! (480 g)
- ½ Tbsp olive oil (7 g)
- 1 garlic clove I use the frozen Dorset cubes from Trader Joes and other basic grocers
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbs good grated or shaved parmesan (20 g)
- 1 small shallot sliced thinly (50 g)
- 2 tbs fresh parsley (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1-2 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (I just zest one lemon)
- Preheat over to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment, lightly sprayed with oil.
- Slice squash in half and scoop the seeds out with an ice cream scoop. Slice the halves into ¼ inch thick half circles and place them in a big ziplock bag.
- Add garlic, parmesan, parsley, thyme, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and olive oil into the bag. Seal and shake well to coat.
- Pour out onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the center of the oven until soft and golden brown on the edges. About 25 minutes.