You’d think I lived through the depression – I HATE wasting food. But I also hate leftovers that taste like leftovers… which is why I love shredded meats! They have so many lives. Especially this one. It just gets better day two when you fry it up crispy in a pan. Just remember to weigh it before since it shrinks some more when the moisture evaporates.
So make plenty of this crock pot carnitas and when you don’t want another night of Mexican, DO THIS with the leftovers. And if you’ve got carbs to spare, please put it in a big soft papa pita like the meatballs … because right now I can’t.
Low carb Shredded Pork Greek Pita
- 1 Joseph’s pita I find them on Amazon and at my Walmart. They’re extra low carb but any pita will work!
- About 5 oz 140g leftover carnitas or any pulled pork.
- 35 g sliced cucumber
- 20 g red onion
- 1 tbs sundried tomatoes dry packed to avoid the oil if watching fat
- 50 g cherry tomatoes
- 14 g reduced fat feta cheese
- 42 g tatziki (I got mine at Trader Joes or use bolthouse cucumber ranch, or normal ranch, or whatever dressing you like!
- Throw your leftover pork in a hot pan sprayed with cooking spray and fry up till crispy with some oregano. I don’t care if the pork was Mexican. Now it’s Greek.
- Cut and warm your pita enough to open it, I like to toast mine. Fill it with everything and EEEEEEAT,