Copy Cat Cava Mediterranean Grain Bowl
I could eat this heavenly bowl every day! This is like a salad, do whatever amounts you like! But if you want to build the same bowl with the same macros, my amounts are below.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time5 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Keyword: arugula, brown rice, Cava, chicken, grain bowl, Greek, greek salsa, hummus, mediterranean, tzatziki
- 1/2 cup brown rice 70 g- (I always use the frozen brown rice from Trader Joe's)
- 75 g arugula favorite bagged arugula is Trader Joe's
- 100 g grilled Greek Chicken
- 100 Greek Salsa
- 30 g tzatziki or use Trader Joe's tzatziki or avocado tzatziki!
- 40 g hummus I used Hope brand jalapeno cilantro- only 2.5 fat for 2 tbs so if you want the macros to match, try and find one similar! The Trader Joe's eggplant hummus is great for only 2 fat.
- 25 g easy pickled red onion
- 25 g quick pickled cabbage After referencing the pickled onion recipe, just pour some of the same pickling juice over sliced purple cabbage for about an hour. Or however minutes you have! Even a litle helps.
- 14 g of fat-free feta Trader Joe's sells one!
- Extra mint
- Squeeze of lemon
Toss brown rice and arugula in a large bowl.
Top with leftover grilled Greek Chicken, Greek Salsa, tzatziki, hummus, pickled onion and cabbage.
Add extra feta, mint, and a squeeze of lemon and close your eyes and dream that you're at Cava.
- This is the perfect meal to make with your Greek leftovers. I love to make a big batch of the chicken, greek salsa, and tzatziki... and use it for pitas one night, and a bowl a night or two later. I've usually got pickled onions already in my fridge so it's easy to pour some of the liquid over my cabbage and let it sit while I prep anything else.
- If you track your macros, and you want to simplify your life and log this as is, just follow the recipe and search My Fitness Pal for "Lillie Eats and Tells Copycat Cava Bowl"
Serving: 1bowl as described | Calories: 478kcal | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Fat: 13.3g | Protein: 46.7g | Carbohydrates: 45.7g