Easy Healthy Instant Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken
The easiest, TASTIEST instant pot creamy buffalo chicken. As always, still macro-friendly, low in fat, obviously high in protein and ready to throw into a million meals. A favorite from the first cookbook!
Servings: 10 -11
- 2 lbs chicken breast about 3 fresh breasts
- 1 small onion diced (200 g) (I love using frozen diced onions for a short cut)
- 6 cloves of garlic minced (or frozen cubes)
- 1 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 Tbs ranch seasoning
- 1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 3 oz Greek cream cheese or sub reduced-fat cream cheese for just a tiny bit more fat- no biggie overall
- Fresh parsley
Spray bottom of instant pot with cooking spray, add breasts, onion, garlic, hot sauce, water, Italian and ranch seasonings. Close lid; close vent. Set on manual high pressure for 30 minutes for breasts (12 for tenderloins.)
Allow the steam to naturally release. Open lid and start shredding but while you do, turn the instant pot to “sauté” setting to let it cook down for 10-15 more minutes (or until liquid is reduced and absorbed, stirring often). Shred the chicken nice and fine, so it really asborbs the juices. You can use your stand or hand mixer to shred, but I’ve found this to be a breeze with two forks and no extra dishes. When most of the excess liquid has reduced, turn off heat. Add Greek cream cheese and fresh parsely, and stir until the cream cheese melts and it’s all well-combined. There shouldn’t be any obvious liquid remaining. Use for taquitos, sandwiches, sweet potatoes, pizzas, etc!
For slow cooker: Place chicken in the slow cooker. Top with onions, garlic, Frank’s hot sauce, 1/2 cup water or chicken stock (TWICE what the recipe calls for) and seasonings. Combine. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-6 hours until chicken is easy to shred. Shred chicken and toss around in the juices to soak up as much as you can. Discard excess liquid and stir in cream cheese and parsley.
- I usually prefer tenderloins, but breasts have turned out great in this recipe, and sometimes feel so easy! If you use tenderloins, you only need to cook for 12 minutes.
- We love to double this recipe and freeze some to use later. I don't adjust the cooking time.
- For tracking purposes, search MFP for: “Lillie Eats and Tells Creamy Buffalo Chicken”
Serving: 100g | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 18.6g | Fat: 2.8g